101 38.55%
  • Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 77 of 644 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 577 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

The amount of 18 year olds lining up to take the jab in the UK today was quite a surprise. I really thought that there wouldn't be such an appetite for it in the u25's - for no other reason that at that age one doesn't really think of life that way. But there you go.
    I have no objection or judgement either way, but I am certainly against discrimination based on whether one has, or hasn't had the jab.

While I have my own reservations about this jab, I must question the whole cytokine storm and mRNA vaccines issue. The article raises the cytokine storm as one of the reasons to not get the jab, but also raises the concern that people are getting infected with covid after getting the jab. Considering that most vaccines we are able to get are in fact mRNA based, surely the cytokine storm issues would have presented itself by now?
    And then there is the “the vaccine contains cells of aborted foetuses” red herring in there again, which has been explained so many times now that it makes me question his credibility a little.
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 20-06-2021 at 09:40.

There are so many varying views on this. The sheer numbers show that the vaccination program is having an effect on serious infections and fatality numbers - if you take the case numbers when compared to hospitalisations and fatalities. But one should also not discount the weight of numbers when considering "cases" and deaths when looking at the so called 1st and 2nd waves (pre vaccination) and understand that the human immune response can (in most cases) deal with these viruses pretty effectively. We deal with risk ratios every day, South Africans are well acquainted with managing risks. But this is getting very muddy. If this past year has done anything for me, it has made me reevaluate my health, on many levels. An interesting read: https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org...nes-in-humans/

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    While I have my own reservations about this jab, I must question the whole cytokine storm and mRNA vaccines issue. The articles raises the cytokine storm as one of the reasons to not get the jab, but also raises the concern that people are getting infected with covid after getting the jab. Considering that most vaccines we are able to get are in fact mRNA based, surely the cytokine storm issues would have presented itself by now?
    And then there is the “the vaccine contains cells of aborted foetuses” red herring in there again, which has been explained so many times now that it makes me question his credibility a little.
    No, what happened in the trials was that the vaccine showed positive results, but it was only when the animals were introduced to a wild variant of the virus that the cytokine storm took place. This could be months or even a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    No, what happened in the trials was that the vaccine showed positive results, but it was only when the animals were introduced to a wild variant of the virus that the cytokine storm took place. This could be months or even a year later.
    What is a “wild variant”?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

What is a “wild variant”?
    Just as you might think, a virus that is similar but with changes/differences to the one they were originally exposed to. Not sure what those changes were.

Just as you might think, a virus that is similar but with changes/differences to the one they were originally exposed to. Not sure what those changes were.
    But isn’t that exactly what is happening? People getting the jab, and then getting reinfected with a variant that is virtually guaranteed to be a different variant?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Here is one of the studies in question
    https://go.gale.com/ps/i.do?p=AONE&u=ed_itw&id=GALE%7CA477058754&v=2.1&it =r&sid=AONE&asid=719668a3

Note its for SARS. None of the vaccines trialled were the same as the mRNA ones we are using now. The increased sensitivity was on exposure to the virus. This is a precursor screening study.

People who have been vaccinated for Covid have been exposed to the virus and had fewer deaths than equivalent people exposed to the virus and not vaccinated. That's the whole goal of the trials. More than 50% of some countries and states are vaccinated they are not all managing to evade the virus while only the unvaccinated are being exposed and getting ill

The author of the study "told Reuters that mRNA vaccines were “very different vaccine platforms” compared to those used nine years prior.

He said: “Yes, we need to be cautious on the safety issue of COVID-19 vaccines but should not be over panic/concern just based on our earlier report with mice. I feel our earlier report has raised that safety issue which has been taken seriously within the vaccine developers worldwide by different Institutions, such as WHO, NIAID, and many others.”"

That's Kent Tseng, Texas University, Sealy institute. Still working on SARS and now Covid treatments

User

But isn’t that exactly what is happening? People getting the jab, and then getting reinfected with a variant that is virtually guaranteed to be a different variant?
    Yes. And there are studies on exactly how resistant some of the shots are to variation in the strain. According to that unfounded worry they should all be dead

User

While I have my own reservations about this jab, I must question the whole cytokine storm and mRNA vaccines issue. The articles raises the cytokine storm as one of the reasons to not get the jab, but also raises the concern that people are getting infected with covid after getting the jab. Considering that most vaccines we are able to get are in fact mRNA based, surely the cytokine storm issues would have presented itself by now?
    https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/...ll_Handout.pdf

Page 77 of 644 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 577 ... LastLast