View Poll Results: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 31.33%
  • Undecided

    26 15.66%
  • No, not for the near future

    57 34.34%
  • Never

    31 18.67%
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 717
  1. #671
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Rand
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Well with covid going for over a year, and the vaccine being administered in this country to less than 1M people, your are really picking arguments to fit your narrative.
    This country? And I'm picking arguments?

    I'm sure South Africans are not significantly different to other humans and we can read the same medical research from other places

  2. #672
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post


    What are the risks of severe Covid infections in pregnant mothers? As I said previously in this thread, it makes a LOT more sense to be worried about the side effects from a new virus replicating inside your body by breaking open your cells and that leads to deaths in hospitals , than to be worried about the side effects of part of that virus that cannot replicate, that has not lead to deaths.
    That argument would hold if I was deliberately trying to infect myself with COVID 19 or authorities were trying to force me to get COVID 19.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  3. #673
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    BFN Freestate
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post


    Two and halve hours talk on Ivermectin and vaccines. Really interesting and worthwhile. Watch this if you are still in doubt about taking the vaccine.
    An interesting discussion between 2 intellectuals, highlighting how big players are shutting good and sensible advice and treatment down because they have stuff to sell, putting money ahead of human lives. For that reason alone I won’t get the Pfizer vaccine, not from a bunch of crooks thank you very much.

    Funny world we live in.

  4. #674
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Rand
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    That argument would hold if I was deliberately trying to infect myself with COVID 19 or authorities were trying to force me to get COVID 19.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    There is no current evidence of the risk, and no real reason to believe their would be based on how the vaccines work, especially with the non RNA versions which function like many existing ones
    With early data showing a reduction in transmission by vaccinated, that's a good reason for people who are not pregnant women to get it in the meantime.


    "Data from multiple studies in different countries suggest that people vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine who develop COVID-19 have a lower viral load than unvaccinated people.(50-54) This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission(55). Two studies from the United Kingdom found significantly reduced likelihood of transmission to household contacts from people infected with SARS-CoV-2 who were previously vaccinated for COVID-19.(26, 56)"

    Shah A GC, Bishop J, et al. Effect of vaccination on transmission of COVID-19: an observational study in healthcare workers and their households. medRxiv. 2021;https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.21253275v1

    Levine-Tiefenbrun M YI, Katz R, et al. . Decreased SARS-CoV-2 viral load following vaccination. medRxiv. 2021;https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...283v1.full.pdf

    McEllistrem MC, Clancy CJ, Buehrle DJ, Lucas A, Decker BK. Single dose of a mRNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccine is associated with lower nasopharyngeal viral load among nursing home residents with asymptomatic COVID-19. Clin Infect Dis. 2021.

    Petter E MO, Zuckerman N, et al. Initial real world evidence for lower viral load of individuals who have been vaccinated by BNT162b2.
    medRxiv. 2021;https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1329v1external icon.

    Levine-Tiefenbrun M, Yelin I, Katz R, Herzel E, Golan Z, Schreiber L, et al. Initial report of decreased SARS-CoV-2 viral load after inoculation with the BNT162b2 vaccine. Nat Med. 2021;27(5):790-2.

    Marks M, Millat-Martinez P, Ouchi D, Roberts CH, Alemany A, Corbacho-Monne M, et al. Transmission of COVID-19 in 282 clusters in Catalonia, Spain: a cohort study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2021. Harris RJ HJ, Zaidi A, et al. Impact of vaccination on household transmission of SARS-COV-2 in England. khubnet. 2021;

    McEllistrem MC, Clancy CJ, Buehrle DJ, Lucas A, Decker BK. Single dose of a mRNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccine is associated with lower nasopharyngeal viral load among nursing home residents with asymptomatic COVID-19. Clin Infect Dis. 2021.

  5. #675
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    There is no current evidence of the risk, and no real reason to believe their would be based on how the vaccines work, especially with the non RNA versions which function like many existing ones
    Except that there are no long term studies to show any long term effects.

    Go ahead and take it. Myself and my kids, well we don't think that this virus is enough of a threat to us to justify trying an experimental drug.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  6. #676
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    BFN Freestate
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Except that there are no long term studies to show any long term effects.
    Well they are busy with a long term safety study right now, they even got a moer of a lot participants.

  7. #677
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Age
    40
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Well they are busy with a long term safety study right now, they even got a moer of a lot participants.
    "Long term study" would usually consist of a LONG PERIOD OF TIME to conclude the study.....

    Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

  8. #678
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Age
    40
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Except that there are no long term studies to show any long term effects.

    Go ahead and take it. Myself and my kids, well we don't think that this virus is enough of a threat to us to justify trying an experimental drug.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Could not Agree more, it seems that more and more people who already took the vaccine are now looking for ways to persuade those who do not want to take it to go and get vaccinated.

    Sorry for the guys who took it, you will have to live with it....you should have thought about things like " what will the repurcussions be, and what will the longterm side affects be" BEFORE you were so eager to go and get vaccinated.

    Your first and foremost question should have been " if the vaccine works...why do I still need to wear a mask?"

    I want to clearly state this....LONG TERM STUDY MEANS ......YEARS....a long term study cannot be completed in a couple of months....how the hell would that make any sense???

    There is alot of uncertainty about LONG TERM SIDE AFFECTS, which will only become "visible" after approximately 2-3 years after the vaccines were taken.

    Lasty if this vaccine is so great and so wonderful....(as mentioned above) why do you still have to wear a mask.....and then again, if you are vaccinated....why do you worry so much about people who DO NOT want to get vaccinated? It makes no sense that non-vaccinated people are a threat to you if your vaccine was indeed a working vaccine???????

    And then I have to ask again, you know the vaccine will not make you immune ....then why do I want to inject myself with something that doesnt work in the first place....????



    Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

  9. #679

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    Could not Agree more, it seems that more and more people who already took the vaccine are now looking for ways to persuade those who do not want to take it to go and get vaccinated.

    Sorry for the guys who took it, you will have to live with it....you should have thought about things like " what will the repurcussions be, and what will the longterm side affects be" BEFORE you were so eager to go and get vaccinated.

    Your first and foremost question should have been " if the vaccine works...why do I still need to wear a mask?"

    I want to clearly state this....LONG TERM STUDY MEANS ......YEARS....a long term study cannot be completed in a couple of months....how the hell would that make any sense???

    There is alot of uncertainty about LONG TERM SIDE AFFECTS, which will only become "visible" after approximately 2-3 years after the vaccines were taken.

    Lasty if this vaccine is so great and so wonderful....(as mentioned above) why do you still have to wear a mask.....and then again, if you are vaccinated....why do you worry so much about people who DO NOT want to get vaccinated? It makes no sense that non-vaccinated people are a threat to you if your vaccine was indeed a working vaccine???????

    And then I have to ask again, you know the vaccine will not make you immune ....then why do I want to inject myself with something that doesnt work in the first place....????



    Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk
    Watch the video clips in this article. Strange but true:

    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...f_science.html

  10. #680
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,260

    Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    "Long term study" would usually consist of a LONG PERIOD OF TIME to conclude the study.....

    Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk
    I think messor means that everyone taking it now are the long term project

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •