• Yes

101 38.55%
  • Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 171 of 644 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 6434
    User

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Believe it or not,it's entirely possible to get through life without medical aids...
    Yes. Even through my late wife's cancer. And she never set foot in any state run institution.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Yup, probably... I read that Discovery is already doing it.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    Years ago I took them on for not providing the service I was paying for. It ended up with them trying to get me fired from the company I was working for. And in 2019 they gave my mom the option of them not paying for my dad's leukaemia treatment, just letting him die. And in the end he recovered well enough to be leading a more or less normal life now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Years ago I took them on for not providing the service I was paying for. It ended up with them trying to get me fired from the company I was working for. And in 2019 they gave my mom the option of them not paying for my dad's leukaemia treatment, just letting him die. And in the end he recovered well enough to be leading a more or less normal life now.
    Good on you for sticking to your guns! I'm also glad your dad made it out OK!

We'll soon see what they come up with but I think KK20's prediction is correct. They'll try to manipulate us ibtoe taking it but not in a direct way. But let's see what happens...

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Good on you for sticking to your guns! I'm also glad your dad made it out OK!

We'll soon see what they come up with but I think KK20's prediction is correct. They'll try to manipulate us ibtoe taking it but not in a direct way. But let's see what happens...

They will try to manipulate those who think they need to spend 60K + per annum on being part of a scheme where the biggest part of the benefit is for treatment of real or imagined mental conditions.

But I hope some of their current "clients" leverage back and take their money somewhere else.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    They will try to manipulate those who think they need to spend 60K + per annum on being part of a scheme where the biggest part of the benefit is for treatment of real or imagined mental conditions.

But I hope some of their current "clients" leverage back and take their money somewhere else.
    Spot on
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

It is darn hard to understand, or let me rather say make sense of the data coming out of the world.
    The study from Israel points to the fact that efficacy drops basically every month, after six months efficacy against symptomatic infections is less than 20%.
    The study from the UK differs, although it also points to the fact that efficacy is dropping it is less than what is experienced in Israel.
    The CEO from Pfizer came out last week and said they have a vigorous booster dose project in the making to address this issue??
    I myself am thinking since the UK is so densely populated, and their numbers are increasing so dramatically, maybe its good getting infected with the virus after vaccination?
    I mean if the efficacy drops so dramatically then basically getting the virus after vaccination is the best thing that can currently happen to an individual, better getting it now than after a year when no protection in the form of antibodies is left, only t-cells and whatnot.

I myself am sitting here and wondering whether natural herd immunity won’t basically be achieved in any country of the world before things get back to normal, meaning mostly everybody being exposed to the virus just like we all get infected with flu some time or another, because clearly the vaccines won’t do that alone. If that is the truth well hell, we could just have done this from the start and we would have been back to normal by now.

User

We are not ever going back to normal. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Spot on
    What exactly is an "imagined mental condition"?

Benefits for the treat of mental conditions are actually extremely limited in comparison to, oh I don't know, let's say 2 weeks in ICU with Covid, for example.

We personally are very grateful for the medical aids covering the cost of the 8 days my wife and 6 weeks my mother-in-law spent in ICU!

I was fortunate enough not to need to be admitted, but have only once previously been more ill.

I'll be going for my second dose tomorrow - we ALL have the T-shirt and NONE of us want another one!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    We are not ever going back to normal. That's a fact.
    'not ever' is a very long time. History suggests humans will bounce back to humaning before too long. We repeated many of the mistakes that lead humanity to the first world war, imo a much bigger calamity than what we're experiencing now, to get the second one going barely a generation later. Can't see why this will be much different.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    What exactly is an "imagined mental condition"?

Benefits for the treat of mental conditions are actually extremely limited in comparison to, oh I don't know, let's say 2 weeks in ICU with Covid, for example.

We personally are very grateful for the medical aids covering the cost of the 8 days my wife and 6 weeks my mother-in-law spent in ICU!

I was fortunate enough not to need to be admitted, but have only once previously been more ill.

I'll be going for my second dose tomorrow - we ALL have the T-shirt and NONE of us want another one!
    The medical fund I divorced myself from cost me 54 K a year when I got out. For routine medical stuff there were limits. (things that physically effect health. They were however much more accommodating If I would be suffering from some mental or phycological condition. So I stopped payments. I can be crazy or maladjusted for free with no hazardous effects to my own physical health.

And when I do get physically sick I will now have the money for medical treatment. I understand that some people have a real need for psychiatric help or counselling. I would rather have paid less for a fund that was cheaper and didn't include psychology or counselling as part of the deal. My ex fund didn't want to give me that option...

Having said that; being OCD or Bi-polar or having a child that needs counselling has become fashionable for some people.

Page 171 of 644 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast