101 38.55%
  • Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 2 of 644 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    So which is there evidence of them dying in this 2005 trial specifically from ADE or was just from something from social media and has no scientific source ?
    Like I said I couldn't find the original 2005 trial, will search when I have the time. They created an actual mRNA vaccine for macaques, so if you want to believe it's a social media myth that's up to you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Where are we with vaccination? Is f all the correct term?
    A lot of "X amount of vaccines have been secured" talk from the ANC but this is what I've found.

The first to arrive is the Astra Zeneca vaccine from the Serum Institute of India and it is going to the people who need it first.
    It's a small amount, only 1.5 million doses (enough for 750 000 people) with the first million shots arriving today and remaining 500000 shots this month.
    This will cover 750 000 of the 1.2 million frontline health workers in phase one of the vaccine rollout.

Then the second to arrive is whatever vaccines are coming via the COVAX initiative, estimated to cover 6 million people and these would arrive in the second quarter.
    This would finish the remaining 450 000 health workers from phase 1, and start on the 16 million people in phase 2 which consists of essential workers including teachers, police, municipal workers and other frontline personnel as well as people in institutions like old age homes, shelters and prisons, people over 60 years of age and adults with co-morbidities

Then we have the 20 million Pfizer shots (10 million people) which will be here eventually but no dates. This will be needed in phase 2 above to cover 10 million of the remaining 10.5 million people left in phase 2.

That leaves us with 500 000 people in phase 2, and the rest of the population in phase 3 with an aim of reaching herd immunity by vaccination 22.5 million of the remaining 42.5 million.
    We are left with 12 million doses (6 million people) from an African Union arrangement and 9 million from Johnson & Johnson (single dose, so 9 million people) - so enough for 15 million people but with no dates.

So we are still missing a lot of dates and also doses for the remaining 7.5 million people of phase 3 to achieve herd immunity, and missing 20 million for full coverage of SA.

Also kinda annoyed prisoners might get the Pfizer vaccine before a productive member of society who could be a family's breadwinner, but it is what it is.

User

Managing a pharmaceutical cold chain is challenging enough if you have the expertise and the infrastructure, dishing out vaccine distribution to the anc patronage network to handle, I believe you must have your head read if you are considering taking the vaccine under those circumstances but you are most welcome to.

I have more than a few times seen and experienced temp control pharm stock just being dumped/left outside in the sun at state hospital stores because reasons. My fav example is stock getting microwaved to get it up to room temp so that it can be administered.

This is the cities, what do you believe happens in rural areas?

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Managing a pharmaceutical cold chain is challenging enough if you have the expertise and the infrastructure, dishing out vaccine distribution to the anc patronage network to handle, I believe you must have your head read if you are considering taking the vaccine under those circumstances but you are most welcome to.

I have more than a few times seen and experienced temp control pharm stock just being dumped/left outside in the sun at state hospital stores because reasons. My fav example is stock getting microwaved to get it up to room temp so that it can be administered.

Aren't all vaccines subject to needing a cold chain ? Does that mean we shouldn't have critical childhood vaccines either ?

User

Thanks for the summary of the numbers Nyt Ryda

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Aren't all vaccines subject to needing a cold chain ? Does that mean we shouldn't have critical childhood vaccines either ?
    Read my post again. Whether your critical childhood vaccine will work as advertised or not depends on how it's handled after it leaves the source warehouse, it is a lottery.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Yeah. I'll skip the mRNA vaccine. The J&J vaccine looks like the business, though.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post

Surely you kid....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The J&J vaccine looks like the business, though.
    57% effective in the SA part of the trial though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yeah. I'll skip the mRNA vaccine. The J&J vaccine looks like the business, though.
    It is ?

Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine proven 57% effective in SA
    https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-01-29-johnson-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine-proven-57-effective-in-sa/

Page 2 of 644 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast