• Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 3 of 644 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Read my post again. Whether your critical childhood vaccine will work as advertised or not depends on how it's handled after it leaves the source warehouse, it is a lottery.
    I'm not questioning that bit.

It's the "I believe you must have your head read if you are considering taking the vaccine under those circumstances " bit that I'm questioning.
    Since critical childhood vaccines are also in the same circumstances of storage and transportation as some of the COVID vaccines, do you think anyone who has their child vaccinated in SA should also "have their head read" ?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    57% effective in the SA part of the trial though.
    Means nothing. The J&J vaccine has at least been trialed against the new ZA-strain. None of the other vaccines have.

The efficacy trials on all the other vaccines date from mid-2020... before the ZA-strain emerged.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    I'm not questioning that bit.

It's the "I believe you must have your head read if you are considering taking the vaccine under those circumstances " bit that I'm questioning.
    Since critical childhood vaccines are also in the same circumstances of storage and transportation as some of the COVID vaccines, do you think anyone who has their child vaccinated in SA should also "have their head read" ?
    Also just read what you want to I see. "...dishing out vaccine distribution to the anc patronage network(as it will transpire if you take Cyril at face value) to handle, I believe you must have your head read if you are considering taking the vaccine under those circumstances but you are most welcome to."

Unless you trying to trap me to admit to being an anti-vaxxer or something? In which case I'll just laugh as you would be wrong, I've doing what I do for much longer than you think but it's your choice to take this vaccine,I don't care about you,I care about me and my choices. My oldest brother has been in the industry for 3 decades,much longer than me and some of that time on the production side and what goes into handling vaccines once they are packaged is a little bit more tricky than what most people think(as I alluded to in my first sentence). My sister and my niece are both pharmacists, much of that in the state structures and even they are oblivious and often shocked as to what transpires in practice. I can assure you it's not what the boardroom level guys will let you believe.

Please tell me if you sincerely believe that any of these vaccines would be pulled if the logger showed that there was a problem in the coldchain somewhere? Integrity isn't just a deficit at the anc.

User

Wouldn't the private sector take alot of strain off current available vaccines and their distribution though? Also other than the road to health book, how do we even know everyone is getting their Vaccines at Gov clinics?

I've had staff with TB meningitis get told to come back in three months (We got him into another hospital)
    I've had staff go for a covid test and get told to wait three weeks, but he must carry on working (sent him home)
    I've had staff return to work being prescribed panado for some pretty serious ailments.

Reality is, a government that cannot even get the post office to work, let alone home affairs or the health system, will not cope with handling the entire populations vaccines,

But as usual, pride and ignorance is the order of the day, I say three months until they "allow" (not ask) medical aids and chain stores to assist
    Discovery and momentum could have been halfway through their members by now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Also just read what you want to I see. "...dishing out vaccine distribution to the anc patronage network(as it will transpire if you take Cyril at face value) to handle, I believe you must have your head read if you are considering taking the vaccine under those circumstances but you are most welcome to."

Unless you trying to trap me to admit to being an anti-vaxxer or something? In which case I'll just laugh as you would be wrong, I've doing what I do for much longer than you think but it's your choice to take this vaccine,I don't care about you,I care about me and my choices. My oldest brother has been in the industry for 3 decades,much longer than me and some of that time on the production side and what goes into handling vaccines once they are packaged is a little bit more tricky than what most people think(as I alluded to in my first sentence). My sister and my niece are both pharmacists, much of that in the state structures and even they are oblivious and often shocked as to what transpires in practice. I can assure you it's not what the boardroom level guys will let you believe.

You're talking in circles. Yes the ANC is corrupt with its tenders for services. Yes there will undoubtedly be some issues in storage and distribution. but these are there for normal vaccines too !

Maybe this will clarify why I'm questioning things

COVID vaccines :
    - Cold storage and transport courtesy of ANC tenders and healthcare
    - Anyone who takes it under these circumstances need their head read according to you.

Childhood vaccines
    - Same cold storage and transport courtesy of ANC tenders and healthcare
    - So anyone who takes it under these circumstances are what ? Needing their head read ? Naive ? Worse off than not taking them ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The J&J vaccine looks like the business, though.
    From minute 23 he explains the efficacy, and it's really much higher than people understand, most people just read whatever figure they want.
    This vaccine takes time to work, and it becomes almost 100 effective over time.
    Also, almost complete protection against hospitalization and death.

I would gladly take this one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Wouldn't the private sector take alot of strain off current available vaccines and their distribution though?
    They would but that doesn't suit the communists who want to be in control of everything.

I really hope Afriforum and Solidarity succeed in legal action

Union Solidarity and NGO AfriForum have instructed their legal team to prepare a case for this challenge and have been assured by their advocates that there are solid legal grounds for such a case.

“The two organisations want to ensure that those who seek to get the vaccine are not obstructed from doing so by government mismanagement or corruption,” they said in a statement

In their court papers, AfriForum and Solidarity argue that the government’s vaccine roll-out plan is unconstitutional. According to these organisations, the government is deliberately excluding the private sector by not allowing the private sector to buy, roll out or administer vaccines itself.

Solidarity Research Institute head, Connie Mulder, said the answer for a fast and efficient roll-out of the vaccine does not lie in its nationalisation.

"After its repeated failures, confidence levels in the government are low, and with reason. The very government that stole emergency funds during a pandemic will not be trusted to manage the vaccine process properly.

“If we have to wait for the government to procure vaccines all by itself, we are going to wait for years – something we as private citizens simply cannot afford. The private sector must be enabled to be involved in the procurement and roll-out of vaccines," Mulder said.

This court case has been brought to prevent the government’s plans to centralise the vaccine process.

The two institutions are requesting the court to give an order that the private sector may indeed buy vaccines.

Source : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...1-bb7189c9b3c1

@curious george Given what you have said about your experience, from what I understand this is the first time that mRNA vaccines have actually been approved for use in humans?

Do you know whether all the companies that have released vaccines are mRNA based?

And things have been rushed no less. We just don't know if there will be any negative long term effects with regards to any of the vaccines.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    @curious george Given what you have said about your experience, from what I understand this is the first time that mRNA vaccines have actually been approved for use in humans?

Do you know whether all the companies that have released vaccines are mRNA based?

And things have been rushed no less. We just don't know if there will be any negative long term effects with regards to any of the vaccines.
    Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines.

Astra zeneca, Novamax and Johnson & Johnson aren't.

User

The difference is the AstraZeneca etc use an adenovirus to get coronavirus spike protein DNA into your own cells, which is translated by your own cells into the mRNA to make the spike proteins.

The mRNA vaccines don't need that first step. But DNA is generally more stable than RNA so does not degrade with temperature and time as quickly

Page 3 of 644 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast