101 38.55%
  • Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 60 of 644 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Wow, the Covid came from a lab story is red hot right now. Mainstream idiots like CNN all the rest pretending like they never called it "something out of a comic book". Just because Trump said it the leftists all doubled down on stupid.

That Didn't Age Well: Wuhan Propaganda From MSM Laid Bare

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I still find it odd how we are very worried about the chance of long term effects of a vaccine, but far more so than we are worried about the chance of long term effects of severe symptom Covid infection.

I believe my body is better off developing an immune response to a controlled amount of a part of the virus that cannot replicate inside me rather than on an increasing amount of a part of the virus that is breaking open my cells to multiply.

Phase 1 of the Pfizer study completed over a year ago. I'm not sure of other cases where effects lay dormant for years then popped up later.

You can't 100% guarantee the safety of any headache pill, take-away meal, car ride or loaded firearm purely because we can't see the future. None of us deal with risk only in 100% positive outcome terms because that is a philosophical impossibility. Will we be consistent in this approach in the non-Covid related future? Like for a new heart disease medication, or cancer treatment?

What you guys don't seem to get, is that there are unknowns with both the disease and the vaccine.
    So you are left with two choices:
    A) Accept the unavoidable risk of getting infected with the virus, and then deal with whatever long term effects might pop up in the future.
    B) Willfully subject yourself to an untested vaccine, for a virus that you might never get and that might not have long term side effects.

Don't know how your though process and risk analysis works, but one of those option has more variables than the other, so statistically speaking you are better off with the virus if you are not in a risk group.

As for your consistent approach theory... This is exactly how I will treat untested medication/vaccines in the future.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    What you guys don't seem to get, is that there are unknowns with both the disease and the vaccine.
    So you are left with two choices:
    A) Accept the unavoidable risk of getting infected with the virus, and then deal with whatever long term effects might pop up in the future.
    B) Willfully subject yourself to an untested vaccine, for a virus that you might never get and that might not have long term side effects.

Don't know how your though process and risk analysis works, but one of those option has more variables than the other, so statistically speaking you are better off with the virus if you are not in a risk group.

As for your consistent approach theory... This is exactly how I will treat untested medication/vaccines in the future.
    Not something difficult to grasp...

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post

You can't 100% guarantee the safety of any headache pill, take-away meal, car ride or loaded firearm purely because we can't see the future. None of us deal with risk only in 100% positive outcome terms because that is a philosophical impossibility. Will we be consistent in this approach in the non-Covid related future? Like for a new heart disease medication, or cancer treatment?
    Exactly the reason why any new treatment normally goes through up to ten years of clinical trials to determine long term effects.

So pointing to 1 year of trials is irrelevant.

I am by no means anti vaccines in general but I don't see the point of subjecting myself or my kids to an unknown long term effect to prevent something that the data shows my immune sysyem will handle with no problems.

Just read up on the Thalidomide vaccine to get an indication of long term impacts of untested vaccines.

In my mind it makes sense to target the elderly right now as they are naturally "immune" to long term effects or passed on effects (ie they ate too old to reproduce) as well as being the highest risk for Covid.
    Then leave the young and healthy to deal with the virus themselves till long term trials sure complete.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Exactly the reason why any new treatment normally goes through up to ten years of clinical trials to determine long term effects. So pointing to 1 year of trials is irrelevant. I am by no means anti vaccines in general but I don't see the point of subjecting myself or my kids to an unknown long term effect to prevent something that the data shows my immune sysyem will handle with no problems. Just read up on the Thalidomide vaccine to get an indication of long term impacts of untested vaccines. In my mind it makes sense to target the elderly right now as they are naturally "immune" to long term effects or passed on effects (ie they ate too old to reproduce) as well as being the highest risk for Covid. Then leave the young and healthy to deal with the virus themselves till long term trials sure complete. Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Fully agree with you. Why should we be test subjects?

User

Down here the people are falling over themselves to get the 'Shot'. Lots of no shows on bookings so walk ins are being accepted.
    Weird the way the human mind works, but they are the highest risk group so it possibly makes sense.

User

Just read up on the Thalidomide vaccine to get an indication of long term impacts of untested vaccines.
    It wasn't a vaccine, it was a sedative/tranquilizer that saw quite a bit of use for reducing morning sickness.

User

To put a smile on some faces.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    It wasn't a vaccine, it was a sedative/tranquilizer that saw quite a bit of use for reducing morning sickness.
    I think you missed the the point completly...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

I think you missed the the point completly...
    No, I think I got your point. It was when you made up a failed vaccine trial to substantiate it that doubts crept in. The horrific thalidomide failure led directly to legislation in the States and elsewhere to fundamentally change how drugs were trialed and how they could get approved. It wasn't a failed vaccine trial and the regulatory holes that led to it were plugged more than 50 years ago. With a subject as emotive as the covid vaccine and the consequences of peoples choice of action, spreading misinformation isn't justified regardless of the point you are trying to make imho.

Page 60 of 644 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast