Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Springfield Hellcat / HS H-11

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    He didn't say the 43 or 43X was better.
    I also did not say he did, I asked what he thought was better.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post

SSP means you quoted the wrong person lol.

It doesn't take a genius to see what's subpar with the G43X when compared to the H11/Hellcat - 1 less round, thicker and a much bigger grip (and contrary to fanboy beliefs, the grip is the thing that prints the most for the majority of people).
    The G43X also has a longer slide than the Hellcat, Glock seems apprehensive to move below the 3.39 inch mark on its 9mmP pistols.

Positives for the 43X are the Glock reliability/support/MOS/Shield Arms S15 magazine (hasn't proven itself yet for a self defense pistol IMO), less recoil, easier to shoot (especially the G48), ambi controls, etc.

User

I have never held or fired one, I wanted to know what Ro thinks is better about the hellcat compared to the 43 and 43X

Look, I want the hellcat to be great, I want a cheaper alternative to the other subcompacts (if it even falls in that category)
    BUT, I dont want to die a violent and gruesome death due to the failure of life saving equipment, and thats what the hellcat is or at least needs to be, so saying that it shoots nicer than the tiny Glocks is irrelevant to me, because I wont be doing 12 stages and 300 rounds on a Saturday for fun with it....

Obviously I practice with my G48, much more once the damn card arrives, but I dont need it to shoot as nice as my Glock 45 or CZ SP01 Shadow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you didn't.

What would you say is better about the G43 or G43X?

Here is the thing, if you say A is better than B on a forum you can expect to be asked why you hold that view.

If someone asks why you think that A is better than B, it is illogical to ask well why do you think that B is better than A.

Asking someone to explain their hypothesis is not a hypothesis in itself.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

SSP, sorry the way I see this is different and I do not want to argue the point because it does not add any value to this thread.

User

Guys, before you blow up the internet over semantics, I'm quite sure andy meant the Hellcat shoots easier (i.e. "better") than the G43/X, not that the pistol itself is necessarily "better"...

Hi guys, perhaps i should clarify my position. I have owned a few guns in my time and shot them all. I love the Glocks and have owned at least 20 Glocks. I think that they are superb, that being said i also own Walthers, Beretta's, S&W's, Kahr's, HK's, SIG's and a whole lot of others. I am a collector so i love them all, they are art to me.

I bought the G43 for carry after carrying a Glock 27 for 12 years, granted i have over time swopped these for carry with various other reputable makes. But the 27 was my staple, in my shooting of the G43 i found that i could never shoot it as quickly nor as accurately as my other poly single stacks and found that i shot my Walther PPS and PPS M2 fa better as well as my other poly single stacks which i wont go into here. i ended up selling on the 43 as i could not leave it as my primary whereby it took a hell of a lot more effort for me to get what i was able to with my other single stacks with far less effort. Enter the G43X. My good mate at DSG, Brian showed it to me and i poo poo'ed it right away stating that i had such a hard time shooting the G43 that i got rid of it and good riddens (this is just my personal experience, there is nothing wrong with the G43, just that my hand did not agree with the pistol angle, height of grip etc etc).

Brian offered me a G43X to try at their range and rather reluctantly i took him up on the offer more so to please him then me actually thinking i would even consider the 43X after the 43. Well i shot a mag through the 43X and bought one on the spot, it shot so differently to the 43, i think that the grip is differently contoured and the extra little bit of length on the butt was helpful as well as being that little tiny bit thicker through the grip. I have also experianced the same with the Ruger LCP vs the LXP II, whereby for me i feel that the 43 and the LCP 1 were too thin and. felt like it was like gripping a chop stick, and whereby the 43X and the LCP II being thicker through the grip totally solved this problem for me. It reminds me of the cell phones, remember when they phones were getting smaller and smaller, until they were impossible to hold in your hand due to their diminutive size, then they became bigger and now bigger is better to a degree. this is what i experienced with the pistols, even the SIG P365, i owned and sold a P365, it was flawless and brilliant, i owned it and the G43X at the same time and shot them against one another to see which would win as my primary, for me the SIG P365 is too small as a belt gun and i found myself clenching at the gun in the waistband to draw, where the 43X was just so easy to het a full firing grip and shoot it, alas i decided that the G43X would be my primary belt gun for concealed appendix carry and sold the P365 to wait for the P365SAS which still has not landed insofar as i know, i have decided to use the new P365SAS as a pocket carry option and will buy one for this role primarily when they become available in SA.

i carry my G43X daily and have done so since i got the license some year or two ago, cant remember exactly when. After shooting the H11, it just shot so damn well for me that i thought that it could serve me as an even deeper concealment IWB option, and i thought that it would be another tool in the toolbox, for me the reason behind this is that have put a recover sleeve on my 43X and bought a Olight PL2 Mini Valkarie on the gun, i am going to have Reaper Custom make me an AIWB holster to fit this combo, then i plan to use the S15 Shield 15 round mags in the 43X. So this will become a bigger EDC option for me and when i need minimalist AIWB option i will turn to the H11 with no optic and a flat base pad. For pocket carry i have my LCP II, My Remington RM380 and my G42, as well as for 9mmP, my soon to be bought SIG P365 SAS and my trusty KAHR MK9 both in 9mmP. I also have a S&W 342 Ti and a S&W 340PD in .357MAG to also pocket carry. so these choices are specific to me, i do not feel under-gunned with either the H11, with its 11 rounds, nor the G43X with its 10 rounds (and 15rds) when the Shiel mags arrive.

I think in my laymen opinion that the H11 is a well built fine little pistol that seems to be machined to tight tolerances and seems to be very sturdy, i owned a Springfield XDS in 9mmP and liked the pistol, it too was well made and shot very well, just the size to weight ratio for the round capacity was not the best and there were, for me, better options at the time. I think that anyone who buys a G43X or a G48 or a H11 will be very well served by either, i feel that both are good choices, obviously giving heed to the superior aftermarket backup for Glock, in the interest of fair disclosure my true three for carry are as follows:

1) G42 for pocket carry, and/ or AIWB if i need super small.
    2) AIWB EDC Glock 43X with the Olight PL2 Mini Valkarie.
    3) my SHTF gun, a Glock 19X in strong-side OWB Daniel holster also with a Pl2 Mini Valkarie, and a shit ton of spare mags in back up.

All 3 as you will know are Glock products, and yes i also have SIG's and HK's and Walthers and Kahrs and and and and and that can also fill these various rolls and fill them well, what can i say in the end for the past 25 years i have left that duty primarily to the Glocks. i am no fan boy but can not argue that they do what they do well and over time have gained my confidence.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    SSP means you quoted the wrong person lol.

1 less round, thicker and a much bigger grip (and contrary to fanboy beliefs, the grip is the thing that prints the most for the majority of people).
    I do agree with the fact that the grip is the part that prints, but keep in mind its also the part that you need to grab (and grab properly) when 5 dickheads ambush you.

Pros and cons, like every gun

User

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Hi guys, perhaps i should clarify my position. I have owned a few guns in my time and shot them all. I love the Glocks and have owned at least 20 Glocks. I think that they are superb, that being said i also own Walthers, Beretta's, S&W's, Kahr's, HK's, SIG's and a whole lot of others. I am a collector so i love them all, they are art to me.

I bought the G43 for carry after carrying a Glock 27 for 12 years, granted i have over time swopped these for carry with various other reputable makes. But the 27 was my staple, in my shooting of the G43 i found that i could never shoot it as quickly nor as accurately as my other poly single stacks and found that i shot my Walther PPS and PPS M2 fa better as well as my other poly single stacks which i wont go into here. i ended up selling on the 43 as i could not leave it as my primary whereby it took a hell of a lot more effort for me to get what i was able to with my other single stacks with far less effort. Enter the G43X. My good mate at DSG, Brian showed it to me and i poo poo'ed it right away stating that i had such a hard time shooting the G43 that i got rid of it and good riddens (this is just my personal experience, there is nothing wrong with the G43, just that my hand did not agree with the pistol angle, height of grip etc etc).

Brian offered me a G43X to try at their range and rather reluctantly i took him up on the offer more so to please him then me actually thinking i would even consider the 43X after the 43. Well i shot a mag through the 43X and bought one on the spot, it shot so differently to the 43, i think that the grip is differently contoured and the extra little bit of length on the butt was helpful as well as being that little tiny bit thicker through the grip. I have also experianced the same with the Ruger LCP vs the LXP II, whereby for me i feel that the 43 and the LCP 1 were too thin and. felt like it was like gripping a chop stick, and whereby the 43X and the LCP II being thicker through the grip totally solved this problem for me. It reminds me of the cell phones, remember when they phones were getting smaller and smaller, until they were impossible to hold in your hand due to their diminutive size, then they became bigger and now bigger is better to a degree. this is what i experienced with the pistols, even the SIG P365, i owned and sold a P365, it was flawless and brilliant, i owned it and the G43X at the same time and shot them against one another to see which would win as my primary, for me the SIG P365 is too small as a belt gun and i found myself clenching at the gun in the waistband to draw, where the 43X was just so easy to het a full firing grip and shoot it, alas i decided that the G43X would be my primary belt gun for concealed appendix carry and sold the P365 to wait for the P365SAS which still has not landed insofar as i know, i have decided to use the new P365SAS as a pocket carry option and will buy one for this role primarily when they become available in SA.

i carry my G43X daily and have done so since i got the license some year or two ago, cant remember exactly when. After shooting the H11, it just shot so damn well for me that i thought that it could serve me as an even deeper concealment IWB option, and i thought that it would be another tool in the toolbox, for me the reason behind this is that have put a recover sleeve on my 43X and bought a Olight PL2 Mini Valkarie on the gun, i am going to have Reaper Custom make me an AIWB holster to fit this combo, then i plan to use the S15 Shield 15 round mags in the 43X. So this will become a bigger EDC option for me and when i need minimalist AIWB option i will turn to the H11 with no optic and a flat base pad. For pocket carry i have my LCP II, My Remington RM380 and my G42, as well as for 9mmP, my soon to be bought SIG P365 SAS and my trusty KAHR MK9 both in 9mmP. I also have a S&W 342 Ti and a S&W 340PD in .357MAG to also pocket carry. so these choices are specific to me, i do not feel under-gunned with either the H11, with its 11 rounds, nor the G43X with its 10 rounds (and 15rds) when the Shiel mags arrive.

I think in my laymen opinion that the H11 is a well built fine little pistol that seems to be machined to tight tolerances and seems to be very sturdy, i owned a Springfield XDS in 9mmP and liked the pistol, it too was well made and shot very well, just the size to weight ratio for the round capacity was not the best and there were, for me, better options at the time. I think that anyone who buys a G43X or a G48 or a H11 will be very well served by either, i feel that both are good choices, obviously giving heed to the superior aftermarket backup for Glock, in the interest of fair disclosure my true three for carry are as follows:

1) G42 for pocket carry, and/ or AIWB if i need super small.
    2) AIWB EDC Glock 43X with the Olight PL2 Mini Valkarie.
    3) my SHTF gun, a Glock 19X in strong-side OWB Daniel holster also with a Pl2 Mini Valkarie, and a shit ton of spare mags in back up.

All 3 as you will know are Glock products, and yes i also have SIG's and HK's and Walthers and Kahrs and and and and and that can also fill these various rolls and fill them well, what can i say in the end for the past 25 years i have left that duty primarily to the Glocks. i am no fan boy but can not argue that they do what they do well and over time have gained my confidence.
    Thank you for the great write up.

I would very much willingly get into a fist fight with a much bigger guy than me IF I could see a photo of your safe!! The collection you mentioned sounds EPIC!!

User

Thanks for sharing Andy!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast