Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Scope for mainly hunting and a bit of target shooting

My 3.5 - 9 x scopes do everything I need.
    My 24 and 16 x scopes are tiresome to me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Nikon doesn't make riflescopes anymore, so count them out.
    No ways, thats sad. Has always been great bang for buck...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    No ways, thats sad. Has always been great bang for buck...
    Yeah it's been a while now. Argument was that they can't make stuff to photograph animals while also making stuff used to kill them. So they cut the rifle scope line.

User

Have a look at the Zeiss 3-12 x 44

IMHO good value for money, you can get them for under R10k

User

Hi There

I have been using predominantly Vortex scopes for the majority of the time I have owned Carbines. I recently had a look through some other brands, namely Athlon and Arken glass. In short, I will say I am moving over to a variant of these scope manufacturers for my future firearm needs, glass clarity at higher magnification, crisp re-assuring turret feedback and the accurate tracking they provide is far ahead in my opinion. And you are looking at 30% price reduction compared to the equivalent more established brand name scopes.Just my opinion of course.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yeah it's been a while now. Argument was that they can't make stuff to photograph animals while also making stuff used to kill them. So they cut the rifle scope line.
    So they caved to the leftist loons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    Hi There

I have been using predominantly Vortex scopes for the majority of the time I have owned Carbines. I recently had a look through some other brands, namely Athlon and Arken glass. In short, I will say I am moving over to a variant of these scope manufacturers for my future firearm needs, glass clarity at higher magnification, crisp re-assuring turret feedback and the accurate tracking they provide is far ahead in my opinion. And you are looking at 30% price reduction compared to the equivalent more established brand name scopes.Just my opinion of course.

Regards
    Dvyant, please try remember to do some serious follow up posts to this move over of yours, if I could suggest a thread of your own regarding purchase, first use results and the later conclusion. Your contribution can go a long way to guide others in future decisions.

User

Thanks for all your input guys. I went to safari and outdoor yesterday and had a look at lynx again and also the zeiss and a burris. The burris is in the same price class as the lynx at 1k more if I remember correctly.

The salesman was honest and told me that there is a huge different in the class to the zeiss and you could see it but if it should have a problem it will need to be send back overseas and so on. That is not nice. The burris is the only scope that has a lifetime warranty on its illumination as well which was quite interesting (If it should have any problems they replace it in store). So going to save up a bit more and go for the lynx or the burris still deciding

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Dvyant, please try remember to do some serious follow up posts to this move over of yours, if I could suggest a thread of your own regarding purchase, first use results and the later conclusion. Your contribution can go a long way to guide others in future decisions.
    There are a lot of Youtube reviews of scopes. Cyclops does a lot of these and only in a few cases does he fire a rifle. A lot of the checking is done via a rig that holds the scopes rigidly to check the tracking. Have a look and careful with the "nipple twister".

User

I see a lot of people doing reviews of scopes online, and I doubt many of them see many hunting days in their lives, if ever. Most are gong or target shooters so they will always nag about moa adjustment and reticles and audible turret clicks and……bullshit.

All my hunting rifles see many days on the dashboard of a bakkie in the veld, and just as many in the mountains, I barely touch the turrets, ever, it always shoots on the same place.

So I find modern expectations amusing, so many things people expect from a hunting scope, where I just want reliability.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast