Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Firearm Dealer stock Problems

Good day.
    I recently purchased a brand new firearm at a dealer after asking them if the firearm is dealer stocked many times before I purchased, they said yes. I then went to the police station to hand in my apps but the dfo said she cannot accept my app because the firearm is still on the importers name. I am starting to get super frustrated and I am losing hope.
    If anyone could give some advice on what to do. It would be much appreciated 🙏🏻 I tried to phone cfr and I mailed the so called task team and attached the 350 forms but they do not respond at all. And the complaints department is also unresponsive.

Default Re: Firearm Dealer stock Problems

The dealer supposed to do it. Contact them and ask them to sort it out. Had an issue with a shotgun recently purchased and they sorted it out relatively quickly.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Sigh...

OK. Years of dealing with this exact issue allows me to say the following without fear of contradiction:

I will bet real money that the dealer has done everything that they reasonably can to fulfill their end of the arrangements. I will further bet that the firearm WAS on the dealer's stock, but that the crumbling CFR system has moved it back onto the import permit.

Sometimes this happens multiple times.

How do you fix the problem in the short term? Keep moving it back onto the dealer's code until it 'sticks'.
    How do you fix the problem in the long term? Stop voting for cadre deployment and corruption.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

As Paul said above. I had 2 years back this same issue when buying 2 new Sako's.

The dealer even gave me the 350 copies when they received and informed SAPS/CFR of receiving and the transfer over from importer.

The dealer weekly emailed and CC'ed me to get it transferred. At end took about 3 months.

The 1 rifle was on Importer name. The other one still on importing code or something. Not even on importer name yet.

Problem is the dealer was not lying to you. They did all they had to do. Plus the importer informs CFR of stock transfer. The receiving dealer from their side also.

So both believe done. Then CFR does not do transfer.

So feel your frustration as I went through it. But the issue is not at the dealer. Although I am sure they will assist in matter. Your frustration should be with our friendly CFR

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Sigh...

OK. Years of dealing with this exact issue allows me to say the following without fear of contradiction:

I will bet real money that the dealer has done everything that they reasonably can to fulfill their end of the arrangements. I will further bet that the firearm WAS on the dealer's stock, but that the crumbling CFR system has moved it back onto the import permit.

Sometimes this happens multiple times.

How do you fix the problem in the short term? Keep moving it back onto the dealer's code until it 'sticks'.
    How do you fix the problem in the long term? Stop voting for cadre deployment and corruption.
    Well said Paul.

Another thing I wish would "stick' is the understanding that Dealer Stock means it is recorded in the Dealer Firearms Stock register.

The fact that CFR is not able to record this on their failing data base system has nothing to do with the fact that the dealer has a firearm in "dealer stock" and mere proof of the failure of the system and the operators thereof.

I have recently had a gun on dealer's stock bounce back to the importer.

Dealer resolved in a day.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

I have always checked with my DFO if the firearm is on dealer stock. What
    you guys are saying is that can change while your app is in process ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    I have always checked with my DFO if the firearm is on dealer stock. What
    you guys are saying is that can change while your app is in process ?
    Sometime back the DFO would have accepted app regardless where firearm shows up. When approved CFR would just have moved it. But they stopped this while back. Well about 2 or 3 years back now. Just making there delays someone elses headache.

Oh well. We live and get fucked around.

User

I felt the same way bud, I was angry at the dealer. CFR will sometimes also leave 350s (transfer to dealer from xyz) for months to years. The dealer will not know it is that way till they sell the firearm because they can not reasonably be expected to phone in all the new and old stock every few weeks to make sure it is on their name.
    So the dealer has to sometimes phone CFR and say HEY PEOPKOP, that 350 I gave in months ago is sold to a customer and needs to be on our name.
    350s Should take 2 weeks from scratch and sometimes faster. TIA pello

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast