Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Glock coating problem

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    Never said I wanted it pristine...One uses one car/bakkie etc. to drive (tool) too but jeez you do look after it though and have a sense of looking after your stuff, one doesn't don't go and dent it, scuff it and just say "it is a tool".. :) Look I do not mind scuffing etc., just surprised it scuffs so quickly and easily
    I'm with you, no harm in keeping your stuff as nice as you reasonably can.

You not alone. I was also upset about the wear on my G19. Its even the Gen5, with the ndlc finish blah blah blah.
    I too like to keep my stuff new. Even my actual tools in my tool box.

Its expensive.
    And a years worth of waiting for a license.

User

Kydex holsters wear guns pretty heavily. My shadow has some serious wear.
    Attachment 32708
    Have a look at my 43s night sights they are also pretty warn from carry. ± 2.5yrs edc

User

The wear on my firearms reminds me of the hours of dryfire and training if put in.

Sorry but wear imo gives a firearm character

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

My Gen 4 G19 had exactly that same issue when bought new a few years ago. I changed my holster to something that prevents direct skin contact. It solved the problem. Also remember that on those places the back wears away the protective layer are still in tact. It will still not "rust" (Oxidize) on a Glock. My skin/sweat are just bad on metal.

The reason your CZ might have been better lasting is that it is not carried against your skin.

I also like expensive and troublesome to keep items to stay "new" for longer. With my Glocks it just works out that the more wear becomes visible the better they shoot.

User

As BigT used to say “if your firearm doesn’t have holster wear and scuff marks, you aren’t using it properly”.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GK21 View Post
    As BigT used to say “if your firearm doesn’t have holster wear and scuff marks, you aren’t using it properly”.
    This. It's an EDC gun, not a safe queen. You don't feel worried if your brand new running shoes have dirty soles after taking on a few k's, so you should worry about your EDC gun that way either. Make sure it's clean and it works and you're good to go.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    This. It's an EDC gun, not a safe queen. You don't feel worried if your brand new running shoes have dirty soles after taking on a few k's, so you should worry about your EDC gun that way either. Make sure it's clean and it works and you're good to go.
    100%.

In addition, if you want the gun to look pristine and unblemished, then you should be a collector (who doesn't use or carry the FA).

From my side, all of the EDC and sport firearms (Glocks) have slides and, particularly, their edges which look silver (not black any more).... this just shows that they are being used for the purpose(s) for which they are designed.

User

I have a CZ 85, with a notoriously good coating, and if I don't Eezox the crap out of it it looks like one of those relics dug up in Angola after a week.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Have you tried to oil those spots and see what happens?
    Most likely sweat chowing those spots.

I think eezox will also help
    Good advice on the Eezox!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2