Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Smile Glock coating problem

I got my G43 last year September. Been carrying it since. However as you all can see on the photos, the Glock's coating is not holding up. The scuff marks on the right hand side of FA (Pic 1) I am thinking is due maybe my belt buckle, or the belt. However if I try to scuff it I literally have to bend the buckle 90 degrees (which basically cannot happen unless I tear my belt loops..

However my biggest concern is the left rear side of the slide (pic 2/3). It is showing a lot of wear and tear just from rubbing against my stomach (might be the hard abs). No but seriously I did expect this, but not after 6 months. Also the slide is showing in PIC 4 (L-R) wear from just sitting inside holster...

Now the question, is it a bad finish and I got a dud (the gun shoots flawlessly)? And should I worry or do all EDC Glocks look like this. My CZ I carried prior to this doesn't..

I do appreciate it is my EDC but still I have some pride in how the FA should look... My other pistols did not show any signs. Yes this holster does not have a sweat guard, however on my other polymers some do and some don't... I know I do not carry them EDC, but still.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Glock coating problem

Looks like normal wear & tear to me. If the gun functions fine, I wouldn't be worried about minor cosmetic imperfections on my EDC.

Get it cerakoted if it really bothers you.

User

AFAIK the G43 has the Gen4 Coating, my Gen4 Glock 19s coating showed the same typical marks and wear as yours, If it goes bang very time you need it to then please dont stress about it You could always get it cerakoted one day when its too ugly for your liking, but remember, its a tool.

Some big dood once told me that the Gen4 Coating is not "on the metal" but "in the metal"

My Gen5s coatings hold up much better against my EDC though

User

Have you tried to oil those spots and see what happens?
    Most likely sweat chowing those spots.

I think eezox will also help

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Have you tried to oil those spots and see what happens?
    Most likely sweat chowing those spots.

I think eezox will also help
    Since I saw the scuffing on rear slide, I do once every week run a oil cloth over it. However I understand it shouldn't rust? Can't understand how my body scuffs the rear that hard that the coating comes off that easily. But if this is general (it seems) then I am fine with it..

Thanks all. Yeah not to worried if it does scuff etc., as you all say and I also said it is my EDC and tool and it goes bang every time. I was just surprised so quickly specially the part on my stomach

User

Your sweat might just be extra acidic. My mate's wife can barely wear any metal jewelery without it turning green or pitting. Same thing. Eezox should provide a tougher barrier.

Leather holsters can also cause issues from the salts used in tanning

Buy some Cold Blue and wipe over those spots. Should at least color the metal black/blue.
    Regrettably if you carry a firearm. Its just going to happen.

User

You can also try wearing a vest under your shirt. Does change your draw a little bit also ads to comfort.

Normal, if you want a pristine gun buy a second or keep it in the safe. Oil will wipe off in a second and cold blue will last about a day longer.

User

Never said I wanted it pristine...One uses one car/bakkie etc. to drive (tool) too but jeez you do look after it though and have a sense of looking after your stuff, one doesn't don't go and dent it, scuff it and just say "it is a tool".. :) Look I do not mind scuffing etc., just surprised it scuffs so quickly and easily

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast