Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Polar bear hunting season open in central Texas

The Texas ERCOT is proof central management never works. ERCOT was setup to game natural gas and electric wholesale prices with them taking a cut of the money. It will be dismantled.
    Texas has never had grid failures until ERCOT was given control. They failed exactly the same way in the winter of 2011 and again in the summer of 2012. They didn't fix their failures then.
    If you watch the 2 guys that run ERCOT it is not hard to see what the problem is. They are over educated, arrogant technocrats.
    They made the same mistake the Chernobyl team made. They didn't identify the real problem and just started changing stuff and flailing around hoping something would fix the problem. It burned.

RULE #1 Indentify the problem, what caused it, then take steps to correct it. Don't guess and certainly don't make it worse.
    They guessed many times and made it a multi layered failure they couldn't get out of.

Now they are trying to convince everyone the whole system was going to go down statewide. That can't happen because there are mechanical failsafes to prevent it. It is like trying to kill the whole internet at once. Not going to happen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I see a governor went on a rant and resigned and Ted Cruz fled to Mexico :D
    The mayor or governor has lost his marbles.
    He basically told people to suck it up and stop whinging and whining

User

That was the mayor of Colorado Springs, Texas. Not only was he removed from office his wife who was a school teacher was fired. I bet she files for divorce and I bet she gets all of the assets. House, cars, dogs, cats and paper clips.

User

The ice age is over ! The power is back on after 6 days. Water is back on after 5 days but 30% pressure.

The people responsible for this power grid disaster are done for. The States prosecutor notified them their engineer licenses will be revoked.
    The ERCOT grid management group were created by the legislature as a private entity so they are not protected from lawsuits and boy is
    there an avalance of them already filed for damages.

It reminds me of the quote from Red Adair ' the Texas oilwell firefighter '
    If you think it is expensive to hire a professional, hire an amateur.

The polar bears are going back north from Mexico. They were wearing sombreros and drinking margaritas.

Hi Krieger. Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you, a rough time for you guys. The power issue: Is it not a little unreasonable to point at the power suppliers after the systems failures, given that this was an event totally unexpected? Surely they dont plan to have this type of event happening and therefore systems in place would not handlle the extreme cold that you experienced? Or are there other more complex issues under the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    The ice age is over ! The power is back on after 6 days. Water is back on after 5 days but 30% pressure.

The people responsible for this power grid disaster are done for. The States prosecutor notified them their engineer licenses will be revoked.
    Thats quicker than they fix regular outages in JHB

User

For me the contrast and irony is noticeable.

The power goes out there, it’s always out here, every second person uses a generator,
    when the power is out all the gas bottles comes out to make food.
    The water goes out there, while I can’t even drink the water here, I buy spring water for the family to drink, I only flush the toilet with municipal water basically, and even that supply is not steady so I keep a 10 000 liter water reservoir.
    There will be hell to pay there for the suppliers over there, here the taxpayers will pay more. The suppliers here cannot get better, the anc is physically incapable of being better.

The irony I referred to is that for most here stuff like this is normal, we live like the frontiersman now of whom the states was famous for many centuries ago.

User

Last week it was -16 C and now it is a beautiful 25 C. That’s Texas for you.

From penguin hunting to penguin braaiing. 4 seasons in one day.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6