Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin?!

User

Default Admin?!

Hi guys,

I remember a time when our forum was run properly with Admin on hand to encourage okes to comply with the forum rules, close for sales threads once an item as been sold etc.

I have this unnerving feeling that I missed an event or something which caused our group to denigrate into a state of "lawlessness" lol.

I see for example okes posting in the for sale section without having the required 50 post minimum. The rationale behind this requirement is obvious. It gives the buyer a measure of comfort to know that he is dealing with one of his own ie. a honest, decent, reliable gun lover. If we do not follow and enforce this one simple rule we make ourselves vulnerable to the same rogue elements you find on gunafrica etc.

Just my 2c.

Sorry admin, don't make an example of me now

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Admin?!

Have you reported any of this "lawlessness" and found that it went unattended to?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

@batman It's rather funny that you post this... Would you consider your having a laugh on my for sale thread in line with the conduct you are intimatinh is not being managed/moderated?Here is a link to refresh your memory:https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...48#post1402348Let me know how that added value to my thread and to this site.

User

My chuckle was about Treemans comment that one would not have to tolerate people not wanting to buy your item.

No harm intended.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Have you reported any of this "lawlessness" and found that it went unattended to?
    Nope I haven't. Perhaps this thread would help in highlighting what seems to be general inaction.

Admins generally used to be proactive especially on the for sale threads where a seller hasn't reached the 50 minimum.

There's one particular thread where, I think Steve, mentioned in two posts on the same thread that the OP needed a 50 post minimum.

User

Quote Originally Posted by batman69 View Post
    My chuckle was about Treemans comment that one would not have to tolerate people not wanting to buy your item.No harm intended.Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk
    I appreciate that you state no harm intended. I think you're missing the/my point. You are asking for more moderation on the site, yet went against site rules and common decency yourself. Treeman got moderated and one of his posts were even deleted. He then still went on to crap on the thread a second time. Why laugh at it rather than call for said moderation on it? Just practice what you preach and there will be less need for moderators to step in. A simple balance check.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    I appreciate that you state no harm intended. I think you're missing the/my point. You are asking for more moderation on the site, yet went against site rules and common decency yourself. Treeman got moderated and one of his posts were even deleted. He then still went on to crap on the thread a second time. Why laugh at it rather than call for said moderation on it? Just practice what you preach and there will be less need for moderators to step in. A simple balance check.
    Noted. Good luck with your sale.

User

Noted. Good luck with your sale. Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Nope I haven't. Perhaps this thread would help in highlighting what seems to be general inaction.

Admins generally used to be proactive especially on the for sale threads where a seller hasn't reached the 50 minimum.

There's one particular thread where, I think Steve, mentioned in two posts on the same thread that the OP needed a 50 post minimum.

Feel free to refer that 50 post rule to the OP. Apparently when using tapatalk one can not see the banner.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Feel free to refer that 50 post rule to the OP. Apparently when using tapatalk one can not see the banner.
    Will do squire.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast