Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Firearms Training

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    I believe that is a follow through problem.
    Its not a problem, well the results from the handgun match this weekend says its not ok done bragging.

Its not just a question of dipping after the click, but a combination of grip, recoil management, basically fundamentals yes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    I would recommend doing Terrick Naude's (BigT) beginner course. Do it once; and then do it twice again.
    Worth every cent!!

User

Well my pistol shooting is nothing to brag to about, but still I would highly recommend the OP gets basics right first with "cheap" drills he can do in the house or with a chommies rifle kit at a small range.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    I would recommend doing Terrick Naude's (BigT) beginner course. Do it once; and then do it twice again.

That will get your fundamentals sorted.

After that check out JC Lamprecht from Bravo Tactical Africa. JC and Heinke are really awesome gents and are even better instructors. The speed at which JC moves when doing demo's is simply mind-numbing!
    Thanks PeaceOfficer. I really want to nail down the fundamentals because the way I do it feels wrong. Rather get proper training in the meantime!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    Training is the most important part, however, while you are waiting for licenses, there is lots of training/fundamental learning you can do without paying for expensive tactical training courses first.

If you can get a hold of a rifle, some ammo and a 100m range, learn to shoot OFF HAND (unsupported without a sling of any kind). Do this by becoming consistent putting 10 shots in a ten inch circle at 100 meters consistently in one string of fire, sounds easy, but its not. Very few, if any chaps who I see at ranges today practice this basic skill.

If you can get a hold of pistol even a replica C02 BB gun, learn the correct grip first (internet soft skill), then practice dry firing it with an empty brass case balanced on the slide, the casing must not fall off when the trigger is pulled, very simple way to learn pistol trigger control. Use/borrow a DA hammer fired gun if possible for this.

All the fancy tactical movements, cover drills, bounding overwatch doesn't help if you can't put a the bullet where it needs to be at the range, never mind when you are under extreme duress in the real world and your pupils have dilated, hands shaking etc.
    I have a rifle which is still dealer stockrd so there is that will definitely find a way to get some practice drills to do at home!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Its not a problem, well the results from the handgun match this weekend says its not ok done bragging.

Its not just a question of dipping after the click, but a combination of grip, recoil management, basically fundamentals yes.
    Windgat. LoL

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Windgat. LoL
    Put me back in my place next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

BigT level 1, often hosted at Rooikraal

TDI with Adrian Rosslee at Magnum

Kembativ Concepts with Arno Barlow, also often at Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    BigT level 1, often hosted at Rooikraal

TDI with Adrian Rosslee at Magnum

Kembativ Concepts with Arno Barlow, also often at Magnum
    If you have contact info or where I can get hold of them, will you please PM me sir?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Adrian Rosslee or Mark Human are top notch trainers too.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast