Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Parker Hale 375 - Action Question. (Picture Heavy)

[QUOTE=SJB;1403517]There was also a few Parker hales made in the USA by a different company sub contracting or something along those lines, they had a bad rep about exploding due to the actions being weak and crap.[/QUOTE******************
    Interesting, never seen/heard about the bad parts, the Parker Hales were kinda Isuzu KB 250 diesels.

User

I will have to look for the info again. I did some reading up since my friends rifle is a Midland branded Parker Hale. Info on the rifles is hard to find.

User

Following 414gates' advice I had the rifle full length bedded. While at the gunsmith the extractor was replaced. Below are two photos of a range session this morning. The three shot group (1st photo) was fired at 200m and measures 2¼". Between the second and third shot, I removed the scope and popped a gong at 25m with open sights(2nd photo).

The load is a rather mild, using 250gr GMX bullets, Norma brass, CCI250 primers and MR2 powder from 1980. It chronographed at 2600fps. As I only have one box of these bullets, and wanted to do some hunting with them, I settled on the first load that gave reasonable accuracy.

Thanks for the feedback. The result shows that was indeed the problem, and the gunsmith has done a very good job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2