Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Grip Size Difference Between Glock 19 Gen 4 And Glock 17 Gen 5

When making the decision to purchase the Glock 17 Gen 5 as my second pistol I didn't actually have access to one as all shops were sold out in the Cape Town area, in fact the whole country, but I did manage to find one up north.

I checked the Glock website before though and the measurements there seemed to indicate that the grips were the same. I know that the grip is longer at the bottom for the longer mag, but was under the impression they were otherwise very similar in terms of size. I was watching a Youtube video the other day and they mentioned that the grips are different. I hope the G17 is not too much bigger otherwise I might have gone for the G19 Gen 5.

I have somewhat smaller hands and don't use any back straps with the G19 Gen 4.

So how much fatter or wider, if any is the G17 Gen 5 grip?

Thanks

User

Default Re: Grip Size Difference Between Glock 19 Gen 4 And Glock 17 Gen 5

You sort of answered yourself if you checked the website and it indicated the same... Quick search on the same questions, gives the same answer..

Slight difference may be that the G5 does not have finger grooves, which probably will make the "feel" different. As far as I know all 9mm Glocks (apart from G43) have same grip width etc., just the length that differs

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    You sort of answered yourself if you checked the website and it indicated the same... Quick search on the same questions, gives the same answer..

Slight difference may be that the G5 does not have finger grooves, which probably will make the "feel" different. As far as I know all 9mm Glocks (apart from G43) have same grip width etc., just the length that differs
    Thanks wasn't sure because the video I watched said that the G17 Gen 5 was fatter on the rear of the grip compared to the G19 which I would not like and he said he did not like. So I don't know if he was talking crap or if there is something to it.

User

I haven't directly measured them, but I have a Glock 17 Gen 2 (using a Gen 3 frame), and recently got a G19 Gen 5. The grip sizes (circumference) do indeed seem different, but it's a very small difference. I'd have to measure...I'd expect it to be a few mm's at most.

Thanks hopefully it is a small difference, anyway will have to wait and see, if it's too big I can always sell it to one of you suckers, or file it down as I have heard some people have done.

User

A Gen5 grip is much nicer than a Gen4 Grip, without the finger grooves you might actually grip it better... I sold my G19 the week after shooting a Nationals with a Gen5

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    A Gen5 grip is much nicer than a Gen4 Grip, without the finger grooves you might actually grip it better... I sold my G19 the week after shooting a Nationals with a Gen5
    Hope you're right, kinda crazy buying a handgun without actually picking it up....

Dont any of the shops in CPT now have one you can go feel now to settle your mind ?
    Tons of G17 Gen5 lying around shops in Gauteng

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Hope you're right, kinda crazy buying a handgun without actually picking it up....
    You made the correct decision though

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Dont any of the shops in CPT now have one you can go feel now to settle your mind ?
    Tons of G17 Gen5 lying around shops in Gauteng
    Not sure, when I picked up some stuff from Wildman a little while back they didn't have any in yet.

Should probably find out and head out to test. I just figured what's done is done and will test when I get the license.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast