Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Grip Size Difference Between Glock 19 Gen 4 And Glock 17 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    You made the correct decision though
    Haha yeah figured if I wait for stock to arrive in Cape Town it might take a while given the run on guns in America and that would just delay my license so just jumped in.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Not sure, when I picked up some stuff from Wildman a little while back they didn't have any in yet.

Should probably find out and head out to test. I just figured what's done is done and will test when I get the license.

Safari Outdoor in Stellenbosch have according to their website

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Safari Outdoor in Stellenbosch have according to their website
    You know how many websites I visited when looking for a Gen 5 that said "in stock" and each time I phoned they said no sorry we're out of stock. Like all of them Will phone some closer to me in the southern suburbs and find out.

User

Hope you're right, kinda crazy buying a handgun without actually picking it up....
    Not really. How it 'fits in your hand' is not criteria for buying a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    It is if its too big, or you shoot crappy with it because it doesn't feel right. You don't want to have to get used to a gun that doesn't feel right, rather get one that feels right from the getgo and that you also shoot well.

I understand what you are saying but sometimes little things matter. People differ.

User

It is if its too big, or you shoot crappy with it because it doesn't feel right. You don't want to have to get used to a gun that doesn't feel right, rather get one that feels right from the getgo and that you also shoot well.

I understand what you are saying but sometimes little things matter. People differ.
    Learn to work around your pistol. Do some research on what tier 1 operators/trainers look for in a pistol, I can assure you 'how it fits in my hand' is waaaaaay at the back of the queue.

Learn to work around your pistol. Do some research on what tier 1 operators/trainers look for in a pistol, I can assure you 'how it fits in my hand' is waaaaaay at the back of the queue.
    Look, knowing what I know now, living in SA I would go for a Glock or CZ and make one of those two work even of they didn't feel right. When I first bought I went with Glock purely on the name, I was a total newb, didn't even know if I should get a G19 or G17 even though concealed was the purpose for me buying. I thought about trying out a CZ when buying my second pistol but mag compatibility and being able to use the same Roni it just made more sense to go with another Glock. If had to do it all over again from the beginning I would at a least give the CZ a try. Anyway too much information.

User

You probably meant feels?

I know of guns that don't fit in my hand. Desert Eagles, any S&W revolver with oversized "target" grips and on the other side of the spectrum single stack mini micro guns like Baby Brownings and G42's. (Yes even those...)

Quick question that I don't want to start a whole thread for.

What is the trigger like on the G19 and G17 Gen 5s compared to the Gen 4s?

I hope it is significantly improved as Glock is up there in terms of price but have been lacking in terms of improving their product. They seem willing to rest on their laurels and still rake in the dough on a loyal customer base. If they want to remain as one of the top brands they should do everything they can to have one of the top triggers on the market.

Anyway just some thoughts.

User

Quick question that I don't want to start a whole thread for.

What is the trigger like on the G19 and G17 Gen 5s compared to the Gen 4s?

I hope it is significantly improved as Glock is up there in terms of price but have been lacking in terms of improving their product. They seem willing to rest on their laurels and still rake in the dough on a loyal customer base. If they want to remain as one of the top brands they should do everything they can to have one of the top triggers on the market.

Anyway just some thoughts.
    Gen 5 trigger is really nice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast