Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk PCC to me!

User

Default Talk PCC to me!

Hi Gents,

Keen to get a PCC towards the 2nd half of the year.

I am intrigued by the Stribog 9A3 from a price point and it comes with a good trigger as well as an advanced blowback system. Anyone here have experience with one of them?

Another option would be something like SAI or DM4 (also in 9mm) but not 100% sure of their mechanisms. Are both of these straight blowback and how would recoil compare to the Stribog being much smaller but having the roller/delayed blowback system.

PCC will be used for IPSC and safe queen.

Cheers
    T

User

Default Re: Talk PCC to me!

I also looked at the stribog a while ago, but, I personally would go for something in an AR Platform that uses Glock Mags.... Spartan arms had a bunch of incredible looking diamond back's a while ago

User

Budget?

None of the blowback guns will be as soft shooting as the MPX or MP5, the CMMG Banshee comes close with the Radial Roller Lock.
    While a blow back gun PCC isn't unpleasant to shoot, you just wont ever be able to run them as fast as a gun that isn't throwing a massive chunk of extra steel around.

I was/am looking at the Ruger PC Charger. Just getting this years school fees out of the way first. However the 1 draw back to it. Is the Recoil from the bolt coming back. As its heavy.

User

do we get B&T is South Africa?

User

I think chaps overrate the need for expensive delayed (albeit via roller locking or other) blowback in a 9mm PCC's. As long as its a true modern SMG design with a telescoping bolt (mass forward of the breech) and has a little rubber polymer buffer at the end of the stroke, it has no more muzzle flip than a standard AR with a mil-spec barrell. We have had the A3 Stribog in SA since their release in SR9 guise not US SP9 models due to their SBR laws, It costs a lot more for the fancy "snake juice" A3 model as well. I see now the YouTube chaps are all saying how shitty their A1 Stribogs are with magazine lip and feeding problems. I wouldn't buy too much into that, in my opinion. I have had the standard "cheapo" telescoping bolt, reciprocating charging handle SR9-A2 model with the guide rod since Feb of last year. Its eaten every sort of ammo I have fed it from sub sonic 147 grain pistol plinking reloads all the way up to 100 grain Impala monolithic solids running at 1650 fps, both suppressed and with the standard little muzzle booster/break goody. Its built like a tank, you need a punch to get the pins out, extremely well machined and treated. The magazines are plastic without any steel lip reinforcement. I have had two mags loaded for 6 months and no issues with binding or any other funnies. I would not however step on them though or be unnecessarily rough, its not a "March into Mogadishu" firearm by any means, that's what FAL's and M4's are made for. I can also say that 9mmP out of a 10 inch barrel will do everything 556 will do within 100 yards as far as competition, paper plinking etc. It has been my primary go to range toy since I have owned it, AR15 sits in the safe collecting ammo for if we get some rifle IPSC nearby to me in PMB this year.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    I think chaps overrate the need for expensive delayed (albeit via roller locking or other) blowback in a 9mm PCC's. As long as its a true modern SMG design with a telescoping bolt (mass forward of the breech) and has a little rubber polymer buffer at the end of the stroke, it has no more muzzle flip than a standard AR with a mil-spec barrell. We have had the A3 Stribog in SA since their release in SR9 guise not US SP9 models due to their SBR laws, It costs a lot more for the fancy "snake juice" A3 model as well. I see now the YouTube chaps are all saying how shitty their A1 Stribogs are with magazine lip and feeding problems. I wouldn't buy too much into that, in my opinion. I have had the standard "cheapo" telescoping bolt, reciprocating charging handle SR9-A2 model with the guide rod since Feb of last year. Its eaten every sort of ammo I have fed it from sub sonic 147 grain pistol plinking reloads all the way up to 100 grain Impala monolithic solids running at 1650 fps, both suppressed and with the standard little muzzle booster/break goody. Its built like a tank, you need a punch to get the pins out, extremely well machined and treated. The magazines are plastic without any steel lip reinforcement. I have had two mags loaded for 6 months and no issues with binding or any other funnies. I would not however step on them though or be unnecessarily rough, its not a "March into Mogadishu" firearm by any means, that's what FAL's and M4's are made for. I can also say that 9mmP out of a 10 inch barrel will do everything 556 will do within 100 yards as far as competition, paper plinking etc. It has been my primary go to range toy since I have owned it, AR15 sits in the safe collecting ammo for if we get some rifle IPSC nearby to me in PMB this year.
    I'll bite.

If you are shooting to win, and putting in the time... then yes it sure has all heck is imperative to run some sort of delayed roller, or imo piston / short stroke gun, i.e. MPX. It is hands down the best platform for Competitive PCC competition.

It has the soft shooting (well 99% imo) of the MP5, and all the ergos of the AR Platform (which is where the MP5 falls short).

For someone who just wants to go out and shoot PCC matches then yeah get what fits in your budget.

As an aside, no blow back PCC comes anywhere remotely close to the recoil impulse of the MPX or MP5 at least of the guns I've had the pleasure of shooting. (Scorpion, Stribog A1, CX4, UZI, BXP, Colt, MPX and MP5) All of the blow back guns have had a harsher "thump" than any 5.56 or 300blk I've shot.

Full Disclosure, I own and love my POF MP5.

User

If you are prepared to spend top shelf 556 AR or SIG Rattler 300BLK type moneys on a PCC then by all means I cannot argue that the mouse hair of perceived recoil you will shed by using an MPX is somewhat tangible. I have not had such extensive experience with PCC's as you, I have always regarded the roller locked MP5 as top tier and I have had the privilege of shooting one, I did my competency with a blowback PCC, I have also shot a DM9 and own a Stribog. However, unless you invite me to your range and let me do extensive testing with your many high end rifles and PCC's I will agree to disagree...

User

Ok, seems like a still have a lot learning/reading to do.

@Dvyant, excellent feedback thanks. I thought that the A2 is the Gen2 and it came with a metal lip magazine? But excellent feedback nonetheless.

I have some questions now in my quest to become the worlds best PCC shooter.

Hows the recoil compared to your AR?
    Have you fired your Stribog back to back with a 9mm AR platform?

If I may ask, what did your Stribog set you back compared to current prices and then even the 9A3?

User

I'm on a budget and spent it on a Beretta CX4. Uses stock Beretta 92 magazines. Have fired it and like it. Has a hellova lot of plastic to it though.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast