Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk PCC to me!

User

Default Re: Talk PCC to me!

Tman Howzit

I remember when I bought my Stribog I paid R17995 this was 2019, I buy from a shop which is franchised so they were expensive at the time compared to DSG and the other bigger shops in GP. The A3 was R24k in GP at the time. I live in KZN. A3 doesn't make sense to me as it is the same bolt with a recess cut into it on the top for one roller that locks into a recess on the upper, bolt mass is almost identical to the A2 (you will see why this is important below), maybe the bolt speed is slightly reduced in the A3, noticeable on full auto maybe, I will never know.

So I have more traditional spec AR15 with an 18inch heavy barrel, not a CAR15 10inch (but so cool) style so yes the recoil is true "AR SOFT". It has a clone Miculek brake on the barrel, it recoils like a 70 foot pound airgun. Yes I often shoot them back to back especially if I am going to the range with a buddy. The Stribog is much the same as your AR for all intents and purposes if your grip and stance is right, I also run a suppressor on my Stribog from time to time. You may also want to put a thumb (made for a Roni) rest if you really want get serious as you can't C-clamp Stribogs and Scorpions so easily out the box.

I hear what Stevin is saying, naturally a blow back PCC will always recoil harder than a roller lock or pseudo DI Amalite rotary locking mechanism, it is because you have a much heavier bolt which uses inertia to keep the chamber breech closed when you pull trigger and apply the 30-35kPsi, naturally the bolt has to move back at speed with a slight delay (hence the inertia part) once pressure has dropped off to extract case, strip a round and reset your trigger, that heavy weight moving backwards at speed is the majority of perceived "recoil" or "reticle bump" you feel and see when running a BB PCC. Is the difference enough to warrant buying a high end $2000 MPX, MP5 clone or SP5 with little parts that get dirty pistol powder residue squirted into them and create a pain to clean, in my opinion, no.

In terms of Stribogs, that was just my choice, there is almost no difference between A1 and A2 Bogs in SA, some of the early ones had ali lower recievers, possibly better, dependant on your taste. I am sure that MRST will have the new Gen 2 magazines with the steel reinforced lips like a Scorpion on our shelves at some point this year, they are however expensive. There are many other good PCC's out there with well designed mechanics, even if designed by chance like the Saiga 9mm with its bolt weight out infront in place of the gas piston, it is a wannabe Krink. DM9's are AR minis but do not sport the full AR functions like last round bolt hold open, I may be incorrect here. People are also very amped up about PCC's taking Glock mags, my opinion, I'd rather have a double feed as you end up loading 30 in there under heavy spring tension. When you run a PCC you end up loading a load of 30 round mags in a day as it is just a great tool to use for the price of the ammo and minimum labour compared to reloading .223/556.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toors View Post
    do we get B&T is South Africa?
    No.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Hi Gents,

Keen to get a PCC towards the 2nd half of the year.

I am intrigued by the Stribog 9A3 from a price point and it comes with a good trigger as well as an advanced blowback system. Anyone here have experience with one of them?

Another option would be something like SAI or DM4 (also in 9mm) but not 100% sure of their mechanisms. Are both of these straight blowback and how would recoil compare to the Stribog being much smaller but having the roller/delayed blowback system.

PCC will be used for IPSC and safe queen.

Cheers
    T

Watch this.

User

I've seen MAC on his new A3 and Garandthumb on the A3, the SP9 A3's and A2's jump around alot, mine does not, surely it can't be the minimal extra 2 inches barrel, maybe so??

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    If you are prepared to spend top shelf 556 AR or SIG Rattler 300BLK type moneys on a PCC then by all means I cannot argue that the mouse hair of perceived recoil you will shed by using an MPX is somewhat tangible. I have not had such extensive experience with PCC's as you, I have always regarded the roller locked MP5 as top tier and I have had the privilege of shooting one, I did my competency with a blowback PCC, I have also shot a DM9 and own a Stribog. However, unless you invite me to your range and let me do extensive testing with your many high end rifles and PCC's I will agree to disagree...
    Holy Hell, I wish they were my guns. They are just the guns I've had the pleasure of shooting except for the MP5 which is mine.
    I'll disagree on the "mouse hair of perceived recoil you will shed" the recoil impulse of all the blow back guns I've shot is a fair amount more noticeable than a mouse hair. Unpleasant or harsh? No, not in the greater scheme of things but when compared with a 5.56 AR15, an MPX or MP5... yes it's harsh.

As I said unless you are chasing the top end of IPSC (I guess IDPA too) then most Blowback PCC's would be perfectly suitable.

User

How do you upload a video from your phone onto this thread gents?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toors View Post
    do we get B&T is South Africa?
    Spartan Arms does them on special order, R70k a gun

User

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rWN...w?usp=drivesdk

Here is a non sponsored short clip of how the SR9 10 inch recoils, you have to zoom in to see.

User

I don't have any experience with PCC's and can just draw on what I have gleaned from the interwebs. The DM4 in .223 from DSG has had too many problems for me to ever consider purchasing one even in PCC form, the Striborg also has had too many negative reviews in my opinion from prominent people such as Sage Dynamics and Garand Thumb, there are a few other videos out on YouTube too! We're in SA where licences now take 8 months excluding the printing of the card, I wouldn't want to be stuck with a lemon after waiting so long for the licence!
    The Beretta CX4 is an interesting PCC purely from the price point of R7k IIRC

User

Threads like this make me kick my self for not getting the CX4 from DS when they were going for R5999.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast