Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk PCC to me!

User

Default Re: Talk PCC to me!

Yip, myself, two other family members and a close buddy of mine all got one for R6k.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Spartan Arms does them on special order, R70k a gun

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rWN...w?usp=drivesdk

Here is a non sponsored short clip of how the SR9 10 inch recoils, you have to zoom in to see.

Dont see any movement at all.

Im gonna contact DS to find out more about the DM9 once ive educated myself a bit more on the whole mechanics as the bolt open/lock function could suck somewhat if its not there.

In terms of upgrades for IPSC setup, does the Stribog need anything other than an optic and some extra mags? Or do you need a stock and fore end grip too? Can this all be done for 40K?

If so, where does 40K get you on an "AR9" platform?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Dont see any movement at all.

Im gonna contact DS to find out more about the DM9 once ive educated myself a bit more on the whole mechanics as the bolt open/lock function could suck somewhat if its not there.

In terms of upgrades for IPSC setup, does the Stribog need anything other than an optic and some extra mags? Or do you need a stock and fore end grip too? Can this all be done for 40K?

If so, where does 40K get you on an "AR9" platform?
    The DM9 uses a direct Blow Back Bolt, nothing new compared with any other AR Direct Blowback Gun. No locking or gas system. the Weight of the bolt keeps the bolt "locked" , there is not rotating bolt like a MPX or Rifle Calibre AR15.

They also use a heavier buffer as the bolt weight alone is not heavy enough for a Blow Back gun.

I know Bellum Arcus is waiting on CMMG Banshee uppers, which is a radial delayed blowback gun but not sure on what the cost is, nor how they perform other than the few videos I've watched on them.

40k would get you a very decent setup in PCC imo. Not quite MPX but going with a "lower level" gun such as the Stribog, Ruger, etc... you will have more than enough to get the gun, mags an optic and loads of ammo to burn imo.

AFAIK, real MP5's are in the 60k - 80k range, POF MP5's when you can find them used are between 16k - 20k range, but mags are expensive and hard to find (ets don't count, as they are crap) not to mention ergonomically they aren't as good as most other guns barring maybe the Kalash PCC (but damn the Kalash is sexy).

User

In terms of upgrades, I just put an AR buffer tube and stock instead of the standard folding stock on my Strbog, I swapped across the Galil Ace type clone stock with cheek riser which came on my DM4 to the Bog and put a more charging handle friendly light weight stock on the DM4. You need an adapter to do this, I got an OEM one at a local shop for R600, the buffer tube R500 (NB# Milspec thin one not the commercial) screws in and castle nut R200 ties it altogether, but that's really a personal preference, the folder works great out the box maybe increases bore axis offset a tad vs the AR stock.

What I really want to do when budget allows is pop a decent single stage AR trigger group in the Stribog (nice that you can do this) I just don't have the courage yet as I don't know the pin specs (fat or standard) on the Stribog, I am awaiting someone else of the forum/internet to do it and share the specs which work. You also need little washers to center the trigger group from what I have seen.

You also need a sling point adapter, single point sling I have found works well as the heavy bolt mass is concentrated in the middle of the gun and OVL is short. Your red dot or LPVO must be 2/3rds Co-witness if you use an AR stock, can be low mounted if you stick with the folding stock. I currently have a SightMark Ultrashot M-Spec on mine, but have had an Aimpoint T1 micro and Vortex Crossfire 2 RDS on it last year. I use the standard break, seems to work great, recently started using a Freyr Devik 9.5mm M149 Featherlite suppressor on it as well, muzzle thread is M15x1 EU spec. I like the Stribogs bolt hold open as it mimics the AR bolt release of you have a B.A.D lever install, your manual of arms between common platforms remains similar minus the charging handles. Safety is also similar but opposit in orientation to an AR15.

User

Tman OP, can I remove that video share from my Google drive, have you seen enough?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    Tman OP, can I remove that video share from my Google drive, have you seen enough?
    HAHAHA, for sure thanks!

But I am ready for some pics of this magnificent beast.

User

CMMG Resolute 100 Radial Delayed Blowback PCC is available at Hailstorm.

Give Gerrit-Jan a call for details and his shooting impressions of the gun compared to delayed blowback and piston operated PCC guns and in comparison to PCC AR, Scorpion and MPX guns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    CMMG Resolute 100 Radial Delayed Blowback PCC is available at Hailstorm.

Give Gerrit-Jan a call for details and his shooting impressions of the gun compared to delayed blowback and piston operated PCC guns and in comparison to PCC AR, Scorpion and MPX guns.

Do you have any idea what the price is? Their website is well . . . .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Do you have any idea what the price is? Their website is well . . . .
    It is new stock not on the online store yet.

As per my post, Give Gerrit -Jan a call for info.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast