Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: AR15 licensing delays

Applied last year February, approved December. The license card should in the meantime be ready, and when our DFO was 10km before Potchefstroom when they told him the office closes down due to Covid.

Tau, you would need to be patient.

@Ds J

That's really crappy, I don't feel too bad about my waiting time now. hopefully you get it soon, good luck. ��

User

I don't think you have much of a delay everything happening and decision made considering.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

User

Application submitted Day before first lockdown, approved Aug 2020 card in hand Sept 2020

@lokx

I think you're quite fortunate to have gotten it so quickly considering the delays last year due to covid, but enjoy.

User

I was very fortunate - i currently have another SLR in since July 2020 and still at received at licensing since Sept.. Im hoping for June card in hand

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    I was very fortunate - i currently have another SLR in since July 2020 and still at received at licensing since Sept.. Im hoping for June card in hand
    That's the exact same problem I'm having, and i had also submitted my SLR application in July. 2020 as well, from what others have said, we should expect approval in March, and the card by April or May, depending on where you live.

Well, I for one have a LONG wait ahead of me. A mountain. I have a pistol and SLR that I am going to license and applied for competency in Jan. Went to the station to get a reference nr thinking that it would already be processed ...

WRONG!

All the competency apps are still on the desk from Jan up to now because the Amnesty and renewals take priority after those then they'll start with the new competency apps.

Negative is not even the word to describe what I am feeling right now

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

It makes me crazy seriously utterly disgustingly... lets just say angry, that amnesty apps are now getting preferential treatment. Those that were in the wrong (I don't care if 1000's come down on me for saying this) are now getting preferential treatment and jumps the line. Why? Get a number and stand in the que. That is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    It makes me crazy seriously utterly disgustingly... lets just say angry, that amnesty apps are now getting preferential treatment. Those that were in the wrong (I don't care if 1000's come down on me for saying this) are now getting preferential treatment and jumps the line. Why? Get a number and stand in the que. That is how it should be.
    Agree, they should just get in the queue like everyone else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast