Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 303 Ammo

Default Re: 303 Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Visserman View Post
    Wow this is so interesting thank you Peter. We have about 100 of these tipe of rounds. Tried shooting a couple but doesn't fire. Will be deactivating all of them. We have plenty 303 brass so would not be using them.
    I fine the history of these extremly interesting. Will pull some tommorrow and see. I have never seen the corodite sticks. Will post a pic
    That's funny because my Grandpa brought his 303 and quite a bit of ammo back from WWII and we lived on a farm at the time and shot it a lot. Never had one misfire. Ammo was stored well I guess.

User

I recently came into some "U" headstamp ammo, blanks and stripper clips. Pulled one bullet to confirm the cordite fill and berdan primers. Passed the lot onto a collector who was happy to have them.

Banned

Wish I had kept a few clips, back in my day they were used and thrown away. Pity actually, must have thrown many down as we played.

Banned

Please - please please, photos of the fail to fire cases and primers after pulling. lots of photo's please wish to fill the gaps in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Wish I had kept a few clips, back in my day they were used and thrown away. Pity actually, must have thrown many down as we played.
    Do you have a use for the stripper clips you so wish for?
    If your 303 has a scope on then the clips won't work for magazine reloading anymore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Do you have a use for the stripper clips you so wish for?
    If your 303 has a scope on then the clips won't work for magazine reloading anymore.
    I will likely get another .303
    I want them because they part of the .303
    I think they will make great spare rounds holders when in bush or just packing, traveling (yea! amazing discovery ey?)

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

I have pondered how they got the cordite in since I was 12 years old and doing all thing dangerous and naughty with old cordite ammo - never seen it written any where, but i do kinda read half properly.
    The cordite was loaded into a straight (un-necked) case and then the case was necked down and the bullet seated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    The cordite was loaded into a straight (un-necked) case and then the case was necked down and the bullet seated.
    That is interesting. How accurate are these cordite rounds? I used to burn my name etc into wooden planks with cordite sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Visserman View Post
    Can one reuse the Brass?
    With plenty of work, but why would you want to use cases made with such a crappy alloy anyway? When reloading old brass, consider when and for whom it was made.

Peter, the WW II headstamp was U. SAM came post-war.

Peter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast