Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default The Jackal becomes reality

From the description it appears as if a weapon, similar to the one used in The Jackal, was used to assassinate an Iranian scientist.

I have not delved deeper in to the similarities between the weapons but it is described as a elaborate machine that was able to focus on a single target.

User

Default Re: The Jackal becomes reality

Where can I buy one of those? An automated gun turret would be great for home security.

Perhaps the cash in transit people should consider installing these weapons.

Yeah I didn't think about that they had to get out of the country, or if they are laying low in Iran. I wonder how policed the Iranian population is and if things can be locked down to find the people responsible. Crazy stuff that a weapon from a movie like The Jackal could be made a reality, though of course we don't know just how similar they are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Yeah I didn't think about that they had to get out of the country, or if they are laying low in Iran. I wonder how policed the Iranian population is and if things can be locked down to find the people responsible. Crazy stuff that a weapon from a movie like The Jackal could be made a reality, though of course we don't know just how similar they are.
    I think the movie was made using the reality of a concept weapon in development more than a weapon was made from a movie concept.

I have always had a saying/quote - "the future is not what it was"

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I think the movie was made using the reality of a concept weapon in development more than a weapon was made from a movie concept.

Probably true!

It's been a reality for ages now, US military used the Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS) back in 2004.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    There is a song written by Jim Steinman called - The Future Ain't What It Used To Be. Much the same sentiment

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    There is a song written by Jim Steinman called - The Future Ain't What It Used To Be. Much the same sentiment
    The fact that you're referencing Jim Steinman himself, rather than whatever artist peformed the song, gives me newfound respect for you...

As for a weapon like what described here, to put something like that together has moved from the realms of "r&d and science" into the realm of engineering. Given access to the hardware (and Greenware), a few guys in my team of young engineers and one to two local contractors...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    It's been a reality for ages now, US military used the Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS) back in 2004.
    Very impressive. It seems to be accurate and it turns very smooth.
    It also has a lead button at 0:48

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast