Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default SAPS website not updating...

Good morning,

Can anyone perhaps explain to me how the system works, who updates the website?

Let me explain, I handed in an S16 pistol application last year June. Now on the 15th of January, I handed in further paperwork for competencies. While at the DFO, I thought I may as well ask, how far along my license is, as the website still says...

"You will be notified by the DFO when the card is ready for collection."

Low and behold my card was there. HAPPY DAYS! SO I took the card, and went to fetch my pistol from the dealer. This morning, 25 February, the website still says the same thing...

"You will be notified by the DFO when the card is ready for collection."

So if this is the case, then the website is pointless, cause I cannot "believe" what the system says on the website, and I need to go to the DFO every couple of weeks to find out if my new card(s) are there?

Has anyone had this issue?

User

Default Re: SAPS website not updating...

That's either your DFO's fault for not processing the cards he received, or the SMS system is down.

My wife's application was approved recently, according to the SAPS website, but she never received an SMS either.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    That's either your DFO's fault for not processing the cards he received, or the SMS system is down.

My wife's application was approved recently, according to the SAPS website, but she never received an SMS either.

Hi Lone Gunman, yes, I was suspecting that the issue may lie with the DFO. Hmmm

User

The sms system is VERY unreliable as they often run out of bundles to send sms's that tied in with the massive backlog of amnesty applications. I would suggest a month after approval just pop in or give them a call. Luckily my dfo whatsapps me when its ready to collect

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    The sms system is VERY unreliable as they often run out of bundles to send sms's that tied in with the massive backlog of amnesty applications. I would suggest a month after approval just pop in or give them a call. Luckily my dfo whatsapps me when its ready to collect
    Yes, I'm not even talking about the SMS system, as I cannot remember that I ever received an SMS. My issue is, I already have my card and firearm in hand so to speak, for more than a month now, but the system still shows the DFO will let me know when I can collect the card.

User

So that doesnt update ever. Once its approved thats the last thing you will see on the website

User

So what is the chance of an application that has been completed and approved weeks or months ago but still showing "In consideration" and has been for 4 months???

Could it be that it possibly got approved and sent for printing but it has never updated either?

It never updates after "You will be notified by the DFO when the card is ready for collection."

User

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    No man you can not say SAPS ran out of sms bundles, this is not a comedy show

the cfr and saps often are a comedy show. Although must say me dfo is pretty good. My license was approved 2 months ago, the card has been printed and is in CT but not ready for collection. Apparently my dfo might go next friday to collect

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast