Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Woman’s “V-day present” sparks outcry after killing and posing with giraffe’s heart

https://vaalweekblad.com/87186/woman...iraffes-heart/

Is this an appropriate thing to do on Valentine's Day?

I don't have a problem with hunting, but this whole idea of displaying an animal's heart is in poor taste.

Default Re: Woman’s “V-day present” sparks outcry after killing and posing with giraffe’s heart

Not something I would ever do, but if it's a legal kill then not much to talk about.

Do they eat the meat or give it to locals or how does that work?

User

Default Re: Woman’s “V-day present” sparks outcry after killing and posing with giraffe’s heart

Well, I think it’s a perfect way to spend valentine’s day, seeing as valentine’s day is nothing more some than commercial BS, using human relationships to socially blackmail people into spending money.

As for poor taste, poor taste is in the eye of the beholder, and since most people in this world do not understand hunting they’ll probably see it in poor taste.
    That is why I have said hunting photos and videos on social media will never work.

The only issue here is the outrage it will cause in the ignorant, and what their outrage will manifest as in the form of social justice.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I have seen many photos over the years of giraffe hearts. Have never been interested in hunting one myself so I am not up to date with "Giraffe hunting tradition." Maybe there is some old tradition of posing with a giraffe heart? It might also only be because it is such a huge heart that people take photos of it after the slaughtering process. The outrage of "after cutting out its heart" is a bit harsh.

Myself have taken a lot of "heart" photos over the years on heart shot animals to keep records of damage incurred by different loads and bullets. It is actually of of no use, but that is certainly not making a psychopath.

Posting everything in ones life on social media is a problem for me. Too many opinionated people in the world having no clue about the circumstances or local traditions and uses etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    I don't have a problem with hunting, but this whole idea of displaying an animal's heart is in poor taste.
    But to cut it's muscles into pieces, covering it in salt and pepper and dangling it over the fire is fine?

Be careful to think that just because it's a giraffe, it's suddenly wrong to display its heart. If it's a picture of the heart and lungs of an animal that displays proper bullet performance, then it's fine, so be careful.

And yes, it's displayed because a giraffe heart is frigging huge. Needs a lot of pressure to pump the red juice way up top.

User

Would I display such on social media? Never ever!

Should she be allowed to do so? Of course she should be allowed to!

There will be no reasoning with the SJW’s, we should just adapt and outsmart them. (Her actions are incomprehensibly stupid.) They will never come to the party to try and understand the immense value hunters contribute to conservation.

User

Controversial but what do you expect ? If you're a public figure and do something, then be prepared for negativity from people who don't agree with you. You should expect that some people will never like you.

If you don't want the critique and negativity, then post it on your own private social media page that's limited to friends and family.

User

Seems like a stupid thing to do. There is outrage over hunting in general, so to pose with an animal heart as some type of Valentines day theme is just dumb.

She is free to post it, if she chooses to do it in the public domain, people are free to think what they want about it and post that publicly as well.

Every action has a consequence.

User

Perhaps go and look at the offending post first before making comments. Might save you from foot-in-mouth disease.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Seems like a stupid thing to do. There is outrage over hunting in general, so to pose with an animal heart as some type of Valentines day theme is just dumb.

She is free to post it, if she chooses to do it in the public domain, people are free to think what they want about it and post that publicly as well.

Every action has a consequence.
    Well I think posting any picture of what you did on valentines day on Facebook is stupid.

So too is posting what you had for breakfast, what you did on holiday etc...

People have become so narcissistic these days. No one cares what you, a complete stranger, did on valentines day except the people who are going to object to to it. The sooner people realise this the better.

If we went back to the days of people keeping the photos in a photo album and only showing them to friends and family when they visited the world would be a nicer place.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast