Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Waiting in the CFR telephone queue

Tried again to call the CFR and find out what the heck is going on with one of my applications. I have tried to call them before but usually gave up after 10 minutes, tested different time with the same result. I remember that in the past you could get through if you called after hours but after 20 minutes in the queue I gave up. Has anybody gotten through to them lately because somebody must be on the call (assuming they don't silence the ring tone and never pick up, a procedure common to most other public employees). If yes, what time do you call, 2am?

User

Default Re: Waiting in the CFR telephone queue

Try calling 0123536150 it's their reception, but they work until 2 pm only

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

I never presume that the number I am calling is actually being received in an office,
    especially a government department. Just like the banks and many other businesses.
    The landline number is probably forwarded to another line or cell phone which means
    the person could be anywhere. At home, asleep, shopping, having a dop in a bar, on holiday
    or anywhere in between. Because Covid, you see. It will be years before this changes. and in
    certain sectors never.

User

The status on the SAPS web and the APP is all that the call center can tell you anyway. They have no more answers and the process is such that nobody knows where your app exactly is or when it will be completed or move to the next step.
    There is no recourse for finding out why it is taking longer than the norm or another application. And further more there is no norm since 1 application takes 3months total and another takes over a year and both are normal by the CFR standards.
    When escalating the issue to the officers in charge all the way from the top to the bottom you then eventually only get an email response back to say that you need to be patient as they are working on it and it will be completed when it is completed.

Try emailing. They actually respond.

User

Quote Originally Posted by skyw4lk3r View Post
    Try emailing. They actually respond.
    Occasionally

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Occasionally

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
    or never

Have the app. My problem is that one application is standing at 189 days and hasn't moved in 5 months. I am trying to find out what is going on. The email approach to the standard email addresses has yielded zero answer in the last 2 months. So what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    Have the app. My problem is that one application is standing at 189 days and hasn't moved in 5 months. I am trying to find out what is going on. The email approach to the standard email addresses has yielded zero answer in the last 2 months. So what do you do?
    You should contact your DFO or station commander perhaps?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast