Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Possible problem : does anyone else also suffer with this

Hello fellow gunsiters

I might have a serious problems. I love the smell of a fired firearm , an the smell of gun powder , I find myself smelling my mags after a range session.

Am I the only one ... Do I need to go see someone.... Asking for a friend 😂

Default Re: Possible problem : does anyone else also suffer with this

To each his own. Don't see a problem as long as you limit the sniffing to your own magazines.

Picking up your squad mates' dropped mags and giving them a nice long sniff at an IPSC match might not get you DQed, but will definitely get you a few odd stares.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

User

IMR 3031 is the best.

Banned

My son does it as well, he has has a definite favorite - S265
    He has some sort of rituals as well, sometimes after a shot, you will hear "don't move, don't move, smell it Daaad, awwww its nice". He will then stand and sniff for a while and then explain, like he is shy about it : "I dunno why Dad I just like, can smell it, awww it's so Nice"

He likes my .270 because I shoot fleas in the eye at 300 m with it, the 308 N/M because the name sounds nice but he will always first choice the .458x2" because, "ooo daad I dunno why, I just like the 458, it smells nice"

User

Gonna come out the closet here.

Hi group,my name is pre64 and i now acknowledge i have a sniffing problem. 12 gauge does it for me,both freshly fired shells and the chamber/s themself/s. Man,a good sniff of that first tendril of smoke coming out the chamber on opening a S/S or O/U makes my nether regions tingle.

Anyway,i am proud to say i have been sniff free for almost 4 hours now.

Banned

Link to Cody and his explanation of the smell

User

For me the best smell is from the old paper Eley shotgun cartridges followed closely by red Swartklip (SP) paper cased cartridges.

I have a few of them and sometimes I use one as the last shot in a round of clay pigeon shooting. Keep it in my pocket and sniff it every now & then . Lasts about 3 days.

Fired one the other weekend at a shotgun shoot but it was in a semi-auto then I couldn't find the ejected case. Kind of ruined my day.......

To me, there are many favourite smells. It is not only the smell of the burnt powder but also the many other "scents" that are very distinctive. For example cleaning chemicals, oils, Young's 303, Hoppes, when you put your rifle to your cheek, the smell of the stock oil, etc I suppose it can be addictive.
    I wonder if some perfume company could replicate some of these smells, would women not use it to "lead you by the nose" ?

User

There's nothing that smells as nice as the first shot I take with my .22 rifle early in the mornings when I still had a shooting opportunity on a farm. But the ammo must be Eley Sport or Eley Tennex. They gave of a wonderful distinctive smell that no other .22 ammo can match.

User

My problem is with MP200 (the powder in the tin smells like green mealies) and spent shotgun shells.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast