Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

PC, this sucks and can be really frustrating and make one quite angry. Keep up the good work on staying calm. If circumstances permit, maybe consult a lawyer on what legal remedies, if any, are available. Again, sucks that must spend time and money on this type of thing but it is the world we live in i guess. Really irks me this type of behaviour.

User

Default Re: Annoying siren for annoying neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Don't know what you you expect the owner to do. Even if he wanted to he cannot evict them at the moment. During the COVID regulations it is almost impossible to evict people.

Hell the city of Cape Town could not do it, so a private property owner has no chance.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    I get what you are saying, but you must understand the risks when you open a business. Yes, that is what a student house is.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MoS View Post
    PC, this sucks and can be really frustrating and make one quite angry. Keep up the good work on staying calm. If circumstances permit, maybe consult a lawyer on what legal remedies, if any, are available. Again, sucks that must spend time and money on this type of thing but it is the world we live in i guess. Really irks me this type of behaviour.
    I wonder if he even gets rental income at this stage. There are just 2 of the normal 12 people currently on that property. Some other student houses are completely empty. Are the Universities not yet open? Strange to me that the houses remains empty.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    I get what you are saying, but you must understand the risks when you open a business. Yes, that is what a student house is.
    I am not sure you did get what I was saying. Regardless of risks there is nothing the landlord can currently do. His only action available to him is to evict them and currently that is not allowed. So sure you can complain to him but manage your expectations.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Where are you situated ?

User

As student accommodation, which is supposed to be temporary, you should be able to close said business. You would not be depriving a family of its house.

The owner is still responsible for the house. Take him to court in a civil case.

I agree with StanCT, it's time to get SAPS involved. You are only allowed to play music up until a certain time if I understand the law correctly? And only at a certain volume.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I agree with StanCT, it's time to get SAPS involved. You are only allowed to play music up until a certain time if I understand the law correctly? And only at a certain volume.
    The letter the municipality wrote to the owner said you are not allowed to play loud music ANY TIME OF THE DAY.
    The reason for the capital letters? In the letter it was also made bold.
    It is a myth that you may play loud music till 10pm. That is something I know now too.

User

Correct. You can report a Disturbance of the Peace at anytime.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    As student accommodation, which is supposed to be temporary, you should be able to close said business. You would not be depriving a family of its house.

The owner is still responsible for the house. Take him to court in a civil case.
    100% correct. It is going to court if there is no improvement. But it will take time and I will need evidence. That might be a problem. Witnesses? I have at least 3 who would be willing to testify.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast