Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Annoying siren for annoying neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    I am not sure you did get what I was saying. Regardless of risks there is nothing the landlord can currently do. His only action available to him is to evict them and currently that is not allowed. So sure you can complain to him but manage your expectations.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    No I do understand. You cannot evict people so easily, especially now. Perhaps he had it in a contract that there should be no noise. That can help to get the radio confiscated.
    I just feel the house nets him R30K a month. That while it was R10k a month for a normal family. He makes a lot of money while his tenants steps on all their neighbors. I appreciate the fact that he used his brains and increased his profits 300%. I really do not want to cause trouble for him. But I also cannot just suck it up and live with it while his money rolls in, affecting my peace and calm and most importantly my health. Noise pollution is a thing. To sit in a meeting at work after not sleeping well 3 nights in a row is not nice.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

The way I have sorted the same scenario previously was to put in writing a formal complaint with dates and times and all other relevant information. This I took to my local SAPS station and lodged a formal complaint and insisted on a case number (MAS no.) With this done SAPS need to investigate. Every time they do it again you go and lay down that same complaint again. If you have a lawyer, ask him to help constructing the formal complaint. I went as far as not only accusing them of disturbance but of seriously violating my human rights of a peaceful existence, healthy lifestyle (they deprived me of sleep" etc. If they then start pestering you because of an investigation taking place you can easily get a protection order against them that will make things even worse for them.

When just phoning the SAPS every time there are the chance for excuses (that are mostly legit these days with the scarce resources they have). With a written and noted and numbered complaint you have a better chance of not being ignored.

This is such a shitty thing to sort out. I have no problem with people listening to very loud music. Just do it with bluetooth headphones you pricks.

User

Well, I did send the owner of the house a mail early this morning. Nothing happened. No response was received and the music continues. Its past 10pm now and it sounds like its going to be an all nighter. I gave him a chance. So I will have to report it at the municipality again tomorrow.

@Adoons. Saps told me straight they are not handling noise disturbances anymore. But I have not tried to open a case yet.

User

Go pay a lawyer, follow the municipal bylaws and get the sheriff tto deliver the letter. Eventually you can file a lawsuit.

I've been thru this with asshole neighbors. Any escalation from your side is going to make everything worse. They have nothing to loose. You have your job, property and sanity on the line. You won't beat them at their own game.

User

Bok van Blerk seems to work well against student residences

Problem is you will have to listen to it as well

User

On a serious note, wouldn't this full under Municipal by laws? So it falls under Metro and not SAPS
    I would open case after case after case, until metro was sick of seeing my face

User

Are you the only household affected by this? If not get together and bombard the Metro and SAPS with complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Bok van Blerk seems to work well against student residences

Problem is you will have to listen to it as well
    Pffft uncultured much.... Bok is legend!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Are you the only household affected by this? If not get together and bombard the Metro and SAPS with complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi David. No I am not the only household. But unfortunately as soon as a house gets sold, the new owner does not buy it to live in it, but converts it to become student accommodation. Our direct neighbors were a lovely and extremely quiet old couple. The husband sold the house barely 3 months after his wife died. He lived in the house more than 30 years. That house became the very first student house in the area. The others followed. I know the best option is to sell and move. But hell, why? I hope the law can sort this out with time.
    What I know is I think in the Cape, there is a case opened as it is argued that its actually illegal to operate a business in a normal suburb without the right approvals and permissions in place. So there might be light at the end of the tunnel. I can be an asshole and do the same. Rent out my house to a lot of students and use just a third of the income to rent another house. But I will not do that to my neighbors.

User

Is the uncleaned property and overgrown lawn not a potential health hazard that could be reported. That sort of thing leads to rat infestations, if it is not already the case.

Could always fertilize your lawn with a fan blowing in their general direction.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast