Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Default Re: Annoying siren for annoying neighbors.

One of the subtle differences I’ve noticed since settling in Australia, at least in my area, is the almost complete absence of dogs barking at night. The silence is almost weird when you’re used to your whole street being filled with barking dogs all the time in SA.

Dogs here are pets, not guard dogs, so mostly sleep inside. Also, no dogshit when you go for a run or take the kids to the park. Everyone has these little bags to pick up after their dogs.

I guess the fact that a dog here will cost you R30k or more from a breeder also tends to limit the numbers to really committed owners only.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    It works, it takes away almost everything, except details under Owner.
    That is where the problem lies. It shows where I work and my persal.
    I will perhaps just print screen the photo and put it in the excel document.
    Excel will have your organizations name included as well.
    You can paste a table into an email, it doesn't need to be an excel document.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    One of the subtle differences I’ve noticed since settling in Australia, at least in my area, is the almost complete absence of dogs barking at night. The silence is almost weird when you’re used to your whole street being filled with barking dogs all the time in SA.

Dogs here are pets, not guard dogs, so mostly sleep inside. Also, no dogshit when you go for a run or take the kids to the park. Everyone has these little bags to pick up after their dogs.

I guess the fact that a dog here will cost you R30k or more from a breeder also tends to limit the numbers to really committed owners only.

People who let their dogs bark all night, and people who are so used to their dogs barking all night that they can't hear them are literal scum

It is ridiculous that people are so thick

Then I get a stare when I shout shut your fucking dogs up, after two hours of barking

I have dogs, they don't bark all day for nothing

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    People who let their dogs bark all night, and people who are so used to their dogs barking all night that they can't hear them are literal scum

Then I get a stare when I shout shut your fucking dogs up, after two hours of barking

Agreed!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post

You can say that again. I have fuckwit neighbours all round who never lift a finger to shut their dogs up. It can go on for hours at a time sometimes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    You can say that again. I have fuckwit neighbours all round who never lift a finger to shut their dogs up. It can go on for hours at a time sometimes.
    Unfortunately my father is like that now. He refuses to talk loud to his dogs. He feels if he will stop them they are then not going to bark when its needed one day. But what I know is he won't let his dogs bark for hours. After 10 minutes or so he will not make them quiet, but rather just call them to go inside the house. They are house dogs, sleeping and living indoors. So at least they, hopefully, do not disturb the neighbors too much. When I shout at his dogs he gets mad at me .
    Where I used to live some years ago there where these Labrador's, 2 of them. Hell, could they keep me awake at night. Thou house was 4 houses from my house. They were a young couple of around 30 years, but they could not care about their dogs barking. How do such people sleep themselves? I do not get such people.

User

The longer this thread becomes the more appealing a siren sounds.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Like the #^^#/=%^*£ idiot a couple of houses from me with his alarm siren mounted somewhere outside his house. And he regularly/continuously forget to disarm it when opening a door or moving inside his house. I can tell you he goes for a piss at 2300, 0100 and 0500 when he disarm his alarm and a while later arms it again. The selfishness of some people astounds me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    If the situation does not improve soon, I will go this route. But things are starting to look up. The municipality are looking into the matter again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Like the #^^#/=%^*£ idiot a couple of houses from me with his alarm siren mounted somewhere outside his house. And he regularly/continuously forget to disarm it when opening a door or moving inside his house. I can tell you he goes for a piss at 2300, 0100 and 0500 when he disarm his alarm and a while later arms it again. The selfishness of some people astounds me.
    Once we had a problem where a alarm went at it the whole day. It would go off, only to be activated again. They owner went away for the weekend. Not his fault, but so annoying.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast