Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Default Re: Annoying siren for annoying neighbors.

There is a story, not sure if true or urban legend, where people upset about others parking on their property put up signs with the costs per hour to park there, documenting the whole thing. When it happened again they had the vehicles impounded until parking fees were paid. Fees were high btw.

User

PC,
    Act 17 of 2011 deals with Prevention of Harassment.
    Go to the Magistates Court and open a case of Harassment against them. The clerk will give you a return date which you must attend.
    The Magistrate will either issue an interim order against them which will become a final order on the return date if they do not attend.
    He may issue what is known as a Notice to Show cause, which requires them to appear on the return date and show cause why a final order should not be granted. If they don't pitch on either return date, a final order will be granted.
    Both the Interim order or the Notice to show cause will be served on them by the SAPS.
    Once you have a Final Order you will be issued with a Warrant of Arrest.
    If they do not obey the order, you phone the SAPS and tell them you have a Warrant and want them arrested. The SAPS will have to react to your warrant.They will then be arrested for failing to comply with a Court Order.
    None of this will cost you anything except your time and trouble, but do go there with your ducks in a row, including any evidence.
    You will be required to write an affidavit, supported by any other affidavit and any evidence supporting your claim.
    You can download an App on your ph which measures decibels. Take that as proof as well as any proof of complaints made to the SAPS previously to show continued harassment.
    You may need to find out these peoples names so you can get the SAPS to serve on them personally but names are not vital, you can stipulate that you will show the SAPS the persons responsible. They can also be interdicted from allowing third persons to commit the harassment. You can name anyone else affected by the harassment.
    Give it a bash!

1. Get a large angle grinder and some proper lip channel or a piece of old railway track. Start cutting it up in small chunks next to the boundary at 05:00 every morning.
    2. Mount a large spotlight on a pole and light them up every night.
    3. Get a meter box key from an electrical contractor and cut the electricity every so often and lock the meter box again. (if possible)
    4. If you decide to approach a court stop all the activities above.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrage View Post
    PC,
    Act 17 of 2011 deals with Prevention of Harassment.
    Go to the Magistates Court and open a case of Harassment against them. The clerk will give you a return date which you must attend.
    The Magistrate will either issue an interim order against them which will become a final order on the return date if they do not attend.
    He may issue what is known as a Notice to Show cause, which requires them to appear on the return date and show cause why a final order should not be granted. If they don't pitch on either return date, a final order will be granted.
    Both the Interim order or the Notice to show cause will be served on them by the SAPS.
    Once you have a Final Order you will be issued with a Warrant of Arrest.
    If they do not obey the order, you phone the SAPS and tell them you have a Warrant and want them arrested. The SAPS will have to react to your warrant.They will then be arrested for failing to comply with a Court Order.
    None of this will cost you anything except your time and trouble, but do go there with your ducks in a row, including any evidence.
    You will be required to write an affidavit, supported by any other affidavit and any evidence supporting your claim.
    You can download an App on your ph which measures decibels. Take that as proof as well as any proof of complaints made to the SAPS previously to show continued harassment.
    You may need to find out these peoples names so you can get the SAPS to serve on them personally but names are not vital, you can stipulate that you will show the SAPS the persons responsible. They can also be interdicted from allowing third persons to commit the harassment. You can name anyone else affected by the harassment.
    Give it a bash!
    Sounds like a man who has been down this road before!
    This is the best option in my opinion. The other suggestions is going to escalate into ego battles where no one wins.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    My neighbour over here in France has a dog - A cocker spaniel. Just leaves the damn thing bark and tjank in front of the door. With no consequences nothing. We complained about it and the neighbours on the other side did too. Went a bit better. Then a boy friend moves in and decides it is a good idea to get a bloody Saint Bernard puppy. As it goes with puppies they get bigger. Now when the bloody thing barks it wakes up the whole neighbourhood. And they just let him bark! Nobody comes out and smacks the thing over the head or anything. The dog never gets walked. Now I'm starting to worry that it will jump over his fence and bite one of my kids.

The other day I got home and the dog stormed toward me and started barking. I yelled at it to tell it to keep quiet. The guy comes out and ask me what is wrong - I tell him his dog is bloody annoying and can't just be left to bark. He says it is a dog. It will be a dog. I start losing it and tell him to take in account the 5 houses around him. 2 of them with young kids that the dog wakes when barking in the afternoon nap time and at night.

Complaints to the home owner is ignored. With the other neighbour we are starting a legal process that involves a guy coming out to record the decibels of the dogs barking. It will cost us €250 between the 2 families. But screw that I will pay to get them punished.

We are looking at buying our own house - but I will make a point of getting that dog silenced.

Also parking on my parking spot, having one of the girls boyfriends block my entry into my parking spot after numerous times that I asked to stop it. Assholes.
    I read of a a guy in the UK that would have his parking taken all the time. Also didn't help speaking to the person. He landed up buying a POS barely running car , a complete shitbox, for 200 Pounds. He drove it up and parked behind the arsehole that was in his parking and left it. For 2 weeks. The asshole didnt know who the owner of the shitbox is, and because the car was junk, the revenge seeker didnt care if arsehole vandalized it. Revenge seeker would moan every single day to the relevant property managers about asshole in his parking lot. Arsehole would get a 20 pound fine every day. after a week or two, shitbox car was moved without anyone seeing it. arsehole was only too happy to be able to move his car. never came back

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Sounds like a man who has been down this road before!
    This is the best option in my opinion. The other suggestions is going to escalate into ego battles where no one wins.
    I will for sure keep this in mind.
    Sounds good!

User

The municipal police are useless. Last night when I phoned " we don't have any cars to send out, they are all in for a service"
    Why do they even exist if they cannot even do their work?
    The basters students have started their music yesterday 12h00 pm, it only stopped at around 02H30 am this morning.
    And you will not believe. They switched the radio back on 06H32 this lovely Sunday morning. What a way to start the day!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    The municipal police are useless. Last night when I phoned " we don't have any cars to send out, they are all in for a service"
    The basters students have started their music yesterday 12h00 pm, it only stopped at around 02H30 am this morning.
    And you will not believe. They switched the radio back on 06H32 this lovely Sunday morning. What a way to start the day!!
    Bud, I honestly feel sorry for you. There is nothing worse than having to endure someone else's noise while sitting inside your own house.

Aside from the invasion of personal space, the health risks associated with noise pollution are completely ignored in this shit hole.
    It is about time people start class actions to force government to recognize and deal with the issue, because it really is a simple issue to police.

User

One of my co-workers use to live next door to a student house, students of the Vaal University of Technology, and he couldn’t even braai outside due to the loud shitbox music.
    Tried many routes but students are in and out every couple of months and they never gave a flying fuck.
    He ended up selling his house after paying nearly half of a 20 year bond, took a price knock and started a new 20 year bond, tim and his young family are very happy now.

We live on the plots on the vaal river, our neighbours shithead bastard inbred son use to speed up and down their yard with his Suzuki LTR quad and do doughnuts right next to my house, I wished many deaths on him but he eventually grew up and realised that quad bikes are for pussies...

We have an illegal wedding venue 3 plots down and they can get loud, but it doesnt happen very often though. My old man still has a cour order against that property restricting their entertainment rights but that wa 3 owners ago, and thys my point, you buy a house, some shithead moves in next door and what then?

I am of the opinion that renting is the new owning, as soon as the road is gone from potholes, you move, as soon as the house next door becomes a meth lab, you move, but then again you would never own your own house though, pros and cons I guess.

Good luck to you in finding a solution, it can make a man go crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Goto Twitter and shit all over the Mayor.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast