Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Annoying siren for annoying neighbors.

In my complex we had a problem for years with pets - dogs barking and cats roaming. 90% of the arguments were due to pets being a nuisance. For example - A few years ago I mowed my lawn for the first time after a long winter. My neighbour's three cats had been using my garden as a toilet without me noticing and I struck a 4 month long variable deposit on the third turn. My payout was a lung full of ammonia and cat shit. The couple next to him had a pug that liked to bark a lot and they were never there on a Saturday morning. Woof woof woof. Woof woof woof. Woof woof woof. I probably have 20+ recordings on my phone of a dog barking 30 minutes straight.

When confronted, both couples intially apologized and took ineffectual action for a while, but when I kept complaining, their attitudes hardened. I was eventually told I had to make peace with it and I learnt that you could not force anyone to rehome their pets. As Gleock pointed out there really is something deeply offensive about being harassed in your own home.

I'd had the same problems half a dozen times for the decade I've been living here. Eventually I decided to take the extra long route and used my position on the body corporate to petition changing the rules that we no longer allowed pets. Took me just over a year of legwork, but when it was implemented and the huge sign put up at the front gate exclaiming "No pets allowed", the results started showing in no time at all. A compromise was to grandfather in all existing pets. There were landlords who complained when they noticed this limiting of their potential tenants, but fortunately if they didn't read the complaints, they didn't attend the AGMs either. This filter removed almost all the problem tenants for consideration and our quality of life improved a lot. We'll turn a blind eye to pets like rabbits, so people can have their animal companionship, but whenever the managing agent tells me this sob story of a couple with their old cat who never goes outside the house and they promise "it won't be a problem, can we please make an exception this one time?" I always reply with a clear NO.

User

In the spirit of bitching, 4 plots away was recently bought, the same wedding venue property I believe, and the new party trick is to get wasted on the weekends and empty a revolver as fast as possible, native African style like we see on social media (im not trying to sound racist) but i can tell its a revolver because its 7 shots as fast as possible, must be a 7 rounder rollie because why stop at 7 with a Beretta 92? has happened once last weekend and twice last night, I swear ill be going to my DFO for advice on how to get them raided because fuck that, this aint Baghdad in 2003....
    if my dfo or local station commander cant help then ill follow other routes via friends in the SAPS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    In the spirit of bitching, 4 plots away was recently bought, the same wedding venue property I believe, and the new party trick is to get wasted on the weekends and empty a revolver as fast as possible, native African style like we see on social media (im not trying to sound racist) but i can tell its a revolver because its 7 shots as fast as possible, must be a 7 rounder rollie because why stop at 7 with a Beretta 92? has happened once last weekend and twice last night, I swear ill be going to my DFO for advice on how to get them raided because fuck that, this aint Baghdad in 2003....
    if my dfo or local station commander cant help then ill follow other routes via friends in the SAPS...

What's "native African style" if you aren't trying to sound racist?

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/sou...ned-in-joburg/

Here you go...
    You can google the thousands of other examples

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Like the taxi associations firing guns recklessly into the air at funerals in KZN that we have seen many times on social media, an african thing?
    I am referring to black south africans as native africans, Africans of African descent...

If I said “a bunch of drunk black people shooting into the air” that would be racist would it not?

My first language is Afrikaans, so you english choice of words could land me in shit on here hey.

If it was a bunch of drunk whites shooting into the air I would be just as pissed off, but the fact that you noticed my choice of words over the illegal shooting at fuck knows what makes my think that I chose my words rather poorly, and I apologise for that.

User

Like the taxi associations firing guns recklessly into the air at funerals in KZN that we have seen many times on social media, an african thing?
    I am referring to black south africans as native africans, Africans of African descent...

If I said “a bunch of drunk black people shooting into the air” that would be racist would it not?

My first language is Afrikaans, so you english choice of words could land me in shit on here hey.

If it was a bunch of drunk whites shooting into the air I would be just as pissed off, but the fact that you noticed my choice of words over the illegal shooting at fuck knows what makes my think that I chose my words rather poorly, and I apologise for that.

It's not my english choice of words. It's yours.

But anway.. don't think it's an "african thing", its a drunk asshole thing.. But whatever you wanna believe boet.

User

Which area. VV, TV, NL, MB, ND, NC, RC, MT, SB, SV...? If it is an area that falls under The Barrage SAPS I can pm you the WO's number that is the sector commander responsible for the area. If it falls under Vanderbijl, good luck with the DFO there ...

User

Spelling error. My bad.

I do believe that your questioning of my wording over the actual problem I mentioned of some drunk asshole firing rapidly at who knows what (something I have come to associate with the taxi industry via social media), in a built up area, against the law, is questionable within itself.

Thats what I believe....

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Which area. VV, TV, NL, MB, ND, NC, RC, MT, SB, SV...? If it is an area that falls under The Barrage SAPS I can pm you the WO's number that is the sector commander responsible for the area. If it falls under Vanderbijl, good luck with the DFO there ...
    Thank you, its in Mantevrede AH, so falls under Vanderbijlpark. I have years of faith in our DFO though

User

Spelling error. My bad.

I do believe that your questioning of my wording over the actual problem I mentioned of some drunk asshole firing rapidly at who knows what (something I have come to associate with the taxi industry via social media), in a built up area, against the law, is questionable within itself.

Thats what I believe....

I 100% agree that you should take things further and get those assholes arrested.

Referring to it as "native african style" isn't a spelling error. It's an indication of your prejudice and I would prefer our site isn't tainted with that, hence the question. But let's move on and agree that we dislike any drunk assholes firing in the air, I promise that you get those in all colours.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast