Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    I thought 10111 is only for real emergencies?
    10111 dispatches the vehicles. If you call the CSC, they have to transfer the complaint to 10111
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Default Re: Annoying siren for annoying neighbors.

Taking on a bunch of teenagers/young adults is not advisable. They will almost always win.

User

Get a "burner" phone sim card. A prepaid sim card which you only use to complain etc, the rest of the time it is off. They are cheap enough at the store on the corner.

User

I kept me previous 3 phones, so I am halfway there allready.

On a side note.
    I just emailed the owner. Its 09H36 now. Its a Sunday morning. Their loud music at this time is totally unacceptable.
    Bunch of pricks.

User

Also remember that if you are going to embark on any path of action that can be considered as taking the law into your own hands, and such actions could be framed as a form of assault, be it in whatever form, or that you could be portrayed as an aggressive or confrontational person, regardless of the circumstances, just remember that at some point you are going to need to apply for firearm licence renewal and are going to require character references, maybe from a neighbour.

Things can escalate and go to hell in the blink of an eye, and the last thing you want is for the wrong fingers to be pointed at you, as a firearm owner - this can be used as leverage against you, in the wrong context, by a malicious person.

User

10111 works for me with the next door neighbour. Get a reference number for the anonymous disturbance complaint and follow up with the supervisor. I think the next door neighbour goes away weekends then the son, that not even lives here, invites all his friends, in lock down more than 100 people having a rave party especially up to the early hours on a Sunday morning.

Touch wood for February they were quiet after I phoned the police in January for every noise they made.

User

Move, the problem we have now is that the people enforcing bylaws see nothing wrong with the conduct the bylaws seek to limit.

I know someone with a similar issue, but they not kids making the noise, they just cunts. The same police that get called to the noise complaints are part of the problem when they are not on duty.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Also remember that if you are going to embark on any path of action that can be considered as taking the law into your own hands, and such actions could be framed as a form of assault, be it in whatever form, or that you could be portrayed as an aggressive or confrontational person, regardless of the circumstances, just remember that at some point you are going to need to apply for firearm licence renewal and are going to require character references, maybe from a neighbour.

Things can escalate and go to hell in the blink of an eye, and the last thing you want is for the wrong fingers to be pointed at you, as a firearm owner - this can be used as leverage against you, in the wrong context, by a malicious person.
    And this is the only reason I try to keep calm about this.

User

PM me for a suggestion that I cannot post on an open forum.

User

Don't know what you you expect the owner to do. Even if he wanted to he cannot evict them at the moment. During the COVID regulations it is almost impossible to evict people.

Hell the city of Cape Town could not do it, so a private property owner has no chance.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast