User

Default Competency not being capturerd

Hi guys

I am at whits end here.
    It has been 4 months that I have submitted my collector competency application together with a firearm application (not relevant to the competency). Firearm application was done on the same day, however the DFO has still not captured the competency application after numerous calls, emails.
    I do not know what else to do, any advise?

Regards
    LL

User

Default Re: Competency not being capturerd

Lawyer up!

I, for one, am fed up with the incompetence of the CFR.

We need to start handing out a few whacks!

In this case its the DFO not CFR it seems.

Ive personally got this small list of people/companies I do not argue with and try to resolve friendly.

SARS, Customs, Traffic officials DFO.

As the moment you upset them. You get this little mark and then you can forget about even receiving Bad service. You will just receive none. Or be audited forever.

Remember on a SAPS 271 application. There is part where the DFO must recommend you. Upset him enough and see what he writes there.

Phone him or go see him. And ask reason for delay.

YOur competency might have moved on and system just not reflecting correct.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    In this case its the DFO not CFR it seems.

Ive personally got this small list of people/companies I do not argue with and try to resolve friendly.

SARS, Customs, Traffic officials DFO.

As the moment you upset them. You get this little mark and then you can forget about even receiving Bad service. You will just receive none. Or be audited forever.

Remember on a SAPS 271 application. There is part where the DFO must recommend you. Upset him enough and see what he writes there.

Phone him or go see him. And ask reason for delay.

YOur competency might have moved on and system just not reflecting correct.

While I do agree with you not to piss off a DFO, however why should we as citizens always be at a disadvantage. Phoned him numerous times, on the 2 occasions he did pick up he took my name, ID number and phone number and promised to call me back to tell me what is going on. Never heard back. Emails were read. Never responded.
    Today I got through again only to learn that he is on leave and the officer advised me return again on Monday.
    After the whole day I lost when handing in the application, I have to again loose time at work (which I have to work back) to assist them with their incompetence - which is funny as I am applying for them to evaluate my competence.....

User

Go see the Station Commander and make a complaint. He will most likely blame the Amnesty rush, but we all know that he has done nothing for 4 months so it is BS
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Go see the DFO. And talk to him. Ask him what the delay is in a relaxed manner. Before creating issues for yourselves.

I fully understand the frustration here. And it is unacceptable. But you do not want to make it even worse for yourself going forward.

User

Quick Update
    Called the DFO, was advised to go and see him
    Took time off work again to go and see the DFO - would not even take my details, said everything was going in that week
    Now that was three weeks ago
    Not getting through to them in the last two weeks, at least got through to the CFR today notifying me that nothing has been captured still

I do mind re-applying, but probably should. What bothers me is that no one knows where the application with all my details and 4 sets of fingerprints are, lost, stolen or hitched to someone else's application perhaps?

User

Sadly - spent 100 minutes total on hold at CFR call center to learn that DFO has still not captured the application (was multiple calls as they tend to cut you off). DFO refuses to take calls as for the past two weeks they did not answer the phone once.
    As usual - there is nothing you can do as the SAPS does not give a damn, we are the ones having to fork out storage fees.

Incompetence that boggles the mind... Just thought I'd share my sadness

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Renewed all my competencies and Sec13 license in March (9th). Nothing has been captured yet. The DFO is understaffed and have a huge amnesty backlog. This is at Wierdabrug
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Might be understaffed, however went to see them yesterday - it was not even 14:00 yet and the office was locked and they were gone. Wish I could work only six hours a day