User

Default Production Optic Tuning

Question to the clever folk on here. Lots of guys do some "tuning" to their competition guns regarding spring weights (hammer and recoil) depending on the weight of bullets they use and the recoil pulse they prefer. I recall a thread where some folks gave feedback about their preferences, might also be on a different forum.

My question is actually how adding an optic to the slide changes the setup? Does it make the slide heavier and will it require a heavier or lighter spring? There will be a difference between a milled slide vs a dovetail mount or is it negligible? Any ideas?

User

Default Re: Production Optic Tuning

According to Terrick Naude, who is a expert red dot shooter, the extra weight of the optic on the slide does not make a difference. Obviously test your gun to ensure reliability, but I don't foresee it being a problem.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    According to Terrick Naude, who is a expert red dot shooter, the extra weight of the optic on the slide does not make a difference. Obviously test your gun to ensure reliability, but I don't foresee it being a problem.
    Thanks!

Banned

The lower the optic is on the slide the easier it is to find the dot... I have both and for me it's easier with a optics ready slide... It takes quite a bit of practice to draw and find the dot at the same speed as open sights... But for any thing not close by its easier... These are my experiences after about 20k rounds

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    The lower the optic is on the slide the easier it is to find the dot... I have both and for me it's easier with a optics ready slide... It takes quite a bit of practice to draw and find the dot at the same speed as open sights... But for any thing not close by its easier... These are my experiences after about 20k rounds
    Thanks!

They try to get the slide as low as possible to your hand. Example like Glock and CZ. Which then reduces recoil as it comes more straight back.

So the sight will add height higher then this line.

But then again those sights weigh like next to nothing. So should not really make even a noticeable change

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    They try to get the slide as low as possible to your hand. Example like Glock and CZ. Which then reduces recoil as it comes more straight back. So the sight will add height higher then this line.But then again those sights weigh like next to nothing. So should not really make even a noticeable change
    Thanks!