Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Small Hands - Must replace Glock 19

I know what you meant.

User

[QUOTE=SLR;1405893]I don't know where some commenters are getting the "he doesn't want a Glock" from. I was sitting with my 75 and a G17 (no back strap gen4) last night and compared the length of pull from the rear of the grip to the trigger. In DA I don't see a 75 being that much easier. My girlfriend has an easier time on the G17 than the DA 75.Must resist the urge to derail the thread and recommend Phizer :)

User

Last month at our monthly Hunter's Association shoot, I was the RO on duty on the handgun range. We try to encourage people to bring their handguns and get familiar and better with them. So an elderly gent pitches up with his stinking new CZ Shadow 2. He also struggled to hit the paper with it. I joked about taking the piece of rubbish off his hands for a nominal fee. After 10 minutes of instruction, he shot pretty decent groups right on point of aim. My chances of getting that S2 for cheap were ruined...

Yesterday we had another shoot. I again helped several pistol owners to actually hit what they aimed at. When my shift finished, I went and shot a round at the rifle range. Meanwhile a friend was running the pistol range. A couple (I know them well) arrived with their carry guns, (G26 and G43). They struggled to hit the paper. After 20 minutes of instruction and 25 rounds each, they shot fist-sized groups at 25m. Now they like their guns again. There were many other stories like the above, just on the one single day.

The above has got absolutely zero to do with brand loyalty or fanboyism. We joke about various pistol brands, but if you actually know a little about handguns, you will know that most brands are pretty good (Taurus excluded here). No need to dis any of them. With a little bit of good instruction you can learn to shoot your pistol well. This is usually very hard to accomplish on your own. We are mostly blind to our own mistakes and we simply don't know what we don't know. So swallow your ego and your idiotic fanboy BS and go learn how to shoot your gun properly. That is all there is to it.

User

Oh wow. Swallow my ego and idiotic fanboy BS. Eish. Thanks A-R.

Easy chap easy. I shot gold skiet balkie in the Army. I shot in the Gold Cup competition.

I hunt regularly and many moons ago I shot competitive hand gun in the Northern Natal area, got colours as well.

Certainly I don't put myself in the same class as all the those who post above me, but certainly I don't feel I am a total rookie.

Certain hand guns for me - when I pick them up they simply just feel right. Thats it, no more, no less - and from 10m I am able to shoot a good group in quick fire time.

On picking up my G43 I get the feeling of just Right, maybe a bit small, but just right and can shoot 7 rounds quick fire with good results.

On picking up my G19, I get the feeling of Wrong, way to large, a humpback and I have to move my hand around to the right to give me decent finger on trigger feel. And I cannot get good results shooting 10 rounds quick fire.

Certainly I could go the route you all mention above and do hard work on the range and improve. Certainly.

But why. the weapon is 4 and half years old, nearly licence renewal time, why not just replace it for a fire arm that just feels right from the get go, that just shoots better from the get go and with work on the range will become a dream machine.

I still have the G43 to carry when I need to so will not be down to nothing.

So, yes I will be replacing the 19. Really like the Glock range and see they have launched new fire arms that seem to meet my criteria. Now I wonder why that is? I wonder why they are making slimmer pistols that makes it easier to reach the trigger? Mmm.

I wonder why so many articles are written and videos made on how to make your 19 smaller by going the epoxy route. Maybe this is all because some people find the 19 just to uncomfortable in the hands.

In the military you do not have a choice, but I do have a choice.

Amazing how a simple post can cause so much unhappiness. Sorry for that.

User

I went from a G19 to a G48 after the S15 mags became a thing.

I can shoot both FA's accurately enough to my own standards but because I also dont have massive claws the G48 just feels better.

My wife also now has a 43X MOS and both these firearms with 15rd make perfect carry companions.

You can buy whatever you like when you like and the beauty about being an adult is that you dont answer to anyone.

Your(my) options(contenders), for something sensible in terms of grip size and carry capacity will be:
    G48/G43X
    Hellcat
    P365XL
    Both Beretta and Taurus also have something in this division but havn't paid much attention to those.

Ah the internet, wonderful at times and terrible at others
    Good luck with your choice of pistol LLTHB, let us know what you go with and how it shoots.

Oh and I don't think A-R was having a go at you, it was a general comment.

User

Thanks for the updated info LLTHB. I quite like the blocky square grip but my G48 is going to replace my G19 too for concealment reasons. I just need to mill it out for the 507K and grab a Shield 15 rounder and I don't see it being a less effective firearm for me. I do have big hands and its a more crowded grip but I can work it

It sounds like a good solution for you too.

User

Look at the CZ P10 C

User

Quote Originally Posted by LLTHB View Post

What other makes should I look at. Love all the things about the Glock, just cannot get it to fit into my hand.

Open to suggestions please.
    G48, 43X (as stated above, slimmer than the G19, but same capacity if you use the shield mag, otherwise 10+1 which is also higher than your current 43), Any of the CZ P10 range, P07, P01. I read someone mentioned the M&P range. These would be my recommendations on your initial question

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PietSkiet2 View Post
    Look at the CZ P10 C
    What about the p10m?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast