Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Small Hands - Must replace Glock 19

What about the p10m?
    Mate of mine is waiting for these to become available. He has a soft spot for CZ.

User

I don't think it is officially out yet. I saw it on the site but none of the Youtube reviewers have it AFAIK.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LLTHB View Post
    Oh wow. Swallow my ego and idiotic fanboy BS. Eish. Thanks A-R.

Easy chap easy. I shot gold skiet balkie in the Army. I shot in the Gold Cup competition.

I hunt regularly and many moons ago I shot competitive hand gun in the Northern Natal area, got colours as well.

Certainly I don't put myself in the same class as all the those who post above me, but certainly I don't feel I am a total rookie.

Certain hand guns for me - when I pick them up they simply just feel right. Thats it, no more, no less - and from 10m I am able to shoot a good group in quick fire time.

On picking up my G43 I get the feeling of just Right, maybe a bit small, but just right and can shoot 7 rounds quick fire with good results.

On picking up my G19, I get the feeling of Wrong, way to large, a humpback and I have to move my hand around to the right to give me decent finger on trigger feel. And I cannot get good results shooting 10 rounds quick fire.

Certainly I could go the route you all mention above and do hard work on the range and improve. Certainly.

But why. the weapon is 4 and half years old, nearly licence renewal time, why not just replace it for a fire arm that just feels right from the get go, that just shoots better from the get go and with work on the range will become a dream machine.

I still have the G43 to carry when I need to so will not be down to nothing.

So, yes I will be replacing the 19. Really like the Glock range and see they have launched new fire arms that seem to meet my criteria. Now I wonder why that is? I wonder why they are making slimmer pistols that makes it easier to reach the trigger? Mmm.

I wonder why so many articles are written and videos made on how to make your 19 smaller by going the epoxy route. Maybe this is all because some people find the 19 just to uncomfortable in the hands.

In the military you do not have a choice, but I do have a choice.

Amazing how a simple post can cause so much unhappiness. Sorry for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post

Oh and I don't think A-R was having a go at you, it was a general comment.
    Yes, not aimed at you specifically, more in general and maybe a little at some of the comments that are trying hard to make this about a specific brand.

It's the driver that counts, not the bus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I don't think it is officially out yet. I saw it on the site but none of the Youtube reviewers have it AFAIK.
    https://www.davesheer.com/handguns/b...m-para-pistol/

Dave Sheer have it listed on their website and I've seen a few other shops advertising it around the 11k mark

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    https://www.davesheer.com/handguns/b...m-para-pistol/

Dave Sheer have it listed on their website and I've seen a few other shops advertising it around the 11k mark
    Yep I saw it at safari outdoor. Felt nice. Only sad thing is it doesn’t have a slide release (only has an internal slide stop )

User

Saw some YT clips about drop safety issues after S&O sales guy warned me about the lack of or bad safety mech.

User

Given any though to or held the CZ P07?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Saw some YT clips about drop safety issues after S&O sales guy warned me about the lack of or bad safety mech.
    Please share a link. It's good to know these things.

User

Necro post, but some good info.

I spoke to the most senior police officer in the firearms division in one of the biggest provinces.

Very high ranking officer.

Was completely candid with me about the failure of the personnel in the firearm division, slow work, to much work, not enough manpower etc.

I then asked him and was very specific:

Knowing what he knows about the licensing challenges, ha ha, modern word for useless - Would he sell a currently licensed firearm and replace it or would he just relicense the existing firearm at the five year period.

The problem he says is to remove the existing firearm from your name and move it to dealer stock or sell to a new owner. You might get lucky and it takes a few months, but most cases take a few years.

Then your new application may well get rejected just because it is the easiest option for the staff to take, less work for them etc.

He feels best route is hang onto the weapon and just learn to use it better because we are in South Africa. In the USA his advice would be to get a weapon one is comfortable with.

So it is fairly clear to say I have my work cut out for me and a date with a shooting range on a regular basis.

Thanks to all who had input on this post, a lot was learned by me.

Cheers.

User

Sounds like his advice is for someone who doesn't have dedicated sport status.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast