Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    if your hands really are too small or your fingers too short to properly use a G19 then a subcompact of the same type of gun isnt really going to have a slimmer grip.

If a CZ75 grip works for you and alloy frame compact version of the 75 series would be the obvious choice.
    I just don't get how a CZ75 was fine (however did you manage the double-action trigger) but a G19 isn't... we have young man shooting IPSC with us, he started off with his dad's G19 when he was still in primary school. He managed it just fine.

I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking you're confusing "it doesn't feel right in my hand" with "it doesn't fit me". Hence, first seek the advice of a knowledgeable trainer in your area.

User

Default Re: Small Hands - Must replace Glock 19

S&W Shield?
    Po1 (if you can find one) would make sense if you carried a 75.it's all metal though...
    SD9 (Yes you're not hung to find a world of holsters and sights but that's not the end of the world as you can have stuff made and or shipped in. I had the gen1 and used to bitch about the trigger. I wish I never sold it now.
    M&P?
    The apx is also an option.

If you have a mental block against a gun then let it go for now and find something that works for you.

User

User

Pirate is correct, as are all other posts, but Pirate is on hte money when he says the double action trigger on my old CZ75 made it such a dream to shoot.

With the 19, I am only getting the tip of my trigger finger onto the trigger. To get more of my finger on the trigger, I have to start moving my hand around to the right, which then puts me out of line.

Just simply does not feel right when I pick it up and instinctively it is aiming high as well.

Going to look for one of these as well: Heckler & Koch USP Compact in Stainless. 9mm Parabellum. This time will shoot it, ha ha. But this is also a striker fired weapon.

The more I think about it and use the Lucky Gunner comparison tool, the more I know I need a double action weapon where in single action mode, the trigger is way further back than a striker fired weapon.

I went from double action to striker fire because my wife is only happy shooting her revolver and striker is pretty similar in action to a revolver. Just pull the trigger, no need to think of action setting etc.

So for her to shoot my 43 is very similar to her .38. We do long motorbike trips together and are always armed, nice to know she can use either weapon.

The USP compact is not striker fired.

It also has a fairly long trigger reach.

Have you tried an aftermarket flat faced trigger for your 19?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    The USP compact is not striker fired.

It also has a fairly long trigger reach.

Have you tried an aftermarket flat faced trigger for your 19?
    And any USP components, mags & spares are unobtanium... (cue HK's don't break replies...)

If trigger reach is a problem (again, how did you manage the first shot on the CZ75, or did you carry it condition 1 and operate it Single Action only?) then that can be adressed with aftermarket alternatives, as mentioned.

Thing is, you have the G19 NOW, you won't have a new gun for MONTHS. I'd rather spend the effort on making the gun I have (seeing that it's a real good gun) work for me.

User

Are you talking about the Glock's angle of the grip compared to the CZ75. If you reached the controls on the CZ you must be able to reach the trigger on the Glock. How many rounds have you shot with the Glock 19. When you come from the CZ75 to a Glock you must get use to the completely different guns. Or what is the problem you simply don't like the Glock 19? You must aim lower with the Glock compared to the CZ or get aftermarket sights with a lower front sight. Also look at the option to get the Apex trigger with connector. Try the back straps with the beaver tail to get a higher grip and shorter distance to the trigger.

Post pics with the Glock in your hand so people can give better feedback.

User

Do a trip to Safari Outdoor in Stellenbosch and feel the guns. They have a large selection.

User

"You must aim lower with the Glock compared to the CZ..."

No you dont. You only need to line up the bumpy bits on top correctly. Grip angle has nothing to do with it. But that's not the topic of this thread.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast