Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Small Hands - Must replace Glock 19

What is the topic of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PietSkiet2 View Post
    What is the topic of this thread?
    How to make a Glock work for you if you hate it.

User

We might not be sure about why or how the G19 is too big but a 75 in DA is not too big.

But OP's G43 is fine, other than capacity.

So which gun is very similar to a G43 with a higher capacity?

A G43x or G48, surely

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I just don't get how a CZ75 was fine (however did you manage the double-action trigger) but a G19 isn't... we have young man shooting IPSC with us, he started off with his dad's G19 when he was still in primary school. He managed it just fine.

I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking you're confusing "it doesn't feel right in my hand" with "it doesn't fit me". Hence, first seek the advice of a knowledgeable trainer in your area.
    You do know that you can make a CZ have a smaller (as in not a fat as a Glock) grip by having thin alloy grips on it?
    I have seen females that have very small hands who were not be able to shoot my G19. Yet they had no problems using my CZ 75.

User

Sigh... I'll stop

And go shake my head in the corner about, given the onerous licencing environment we find ourselves in, getting rid of a good gun and then spending money on buying a new gun and waiting for that license, is somehow more advisable than exploring if you can make what you have work for you... what can be lost by going for one or two sessions with an experienced trainer?

To the OP: buy an M&P 2.0, you've got a choice of three gun sizes, from subcompact to fullsize, and the grip modules range from small to large. I own 2 of the first generation (for the record, I don't even own a Glock but I've shot them enough to know there's nothing funny about the way they point, shoot or feel), I also have don't have large hands, I use the Medium backstrap om my 9c EDC and the Large on my Fullsize game gun. I'm sure the Small will work. But it's an expensive, time-consuming "solution".

User

What I did with my fiance was to take her to a gunshop with quite a variety of different guns and sizes/models of them. Normally you can fondle to you hearts content but have to pay a couple R to test fire your chosen models. I love my fiance because she decided to take a G19. I have spent a bit of time with her shooting my Glock's so maybe you should follow the previous advice and get a bit of training and then after that decide again if you want to sell your Glock. Enjoy

User

GLOCKsite at its finest...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by LLTHB View Post
    Ok, no jokes.

I purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 4 years ago.
    Had never fired one, just read reports. Yes, serious mistake. Serious.

I do also have a Glock 43 which is slightly to small and only is a 6+1 weapon.

So, the decision is made - sell the Glock 19 and purchase a - What????

CZ P10 Compact? A Sub Compact?

I used to carry a CZ 75 but damn, it just became to heavy.

What other makes should I look at. Love all the things about the Glock, just cannot get it to fit into my hand.

In the USA they are able to fill the hollow space in the handle with resin and then file the handle down to make it smaller.

But don't think we can modify like this in SA.

Open to suggestions please.

Cheers.
    Do you have any medical or physical condition that compromises your ability to grip?
    I would read Pirates posts a good few times over and absorb what he has shared.

Then use the gun without the back straps and get a Vaneck trigger housing.

Somewhere you mentioned USPc, you will be worse off with that if you can’t shoot a G19 due to reasons you mentioned.

My 8 year old shot the gen 4 with out any complaints, I find it very difficult from the info you shared to appreciate the difficulty you have with the gen 4 19.

Last read Pirated posts.

PS. Read Pirates posts.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    GLOCKsite at its finest...
    Why not add something positive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Why not add something positive?
    You mean like, "Get a GLOCk"?

What is clear is that the OP wants a new gun and he doesn't want a GLOCK because reasons. He asked for suggestions for alternatives.

What is not helpful is forcing some to keep something he doesn't want nor that he has to get something that starts with G and ends with lock.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast