Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: Small Hands - Must replace Glock 19

before you bought it, have you design what to do with it,
    I also have a Glock 19, and just sold the Gen3 yesterday, replace with a Gen4,
    for me, Glock is just for me to enjoying the modify issue,
    if need accurate, we can choose CZ shadow 2, if need comfortbable, can choose VP9, if safety for EDC, P7M8 or P7M13.
    of course each gun man must have one glock, but for me, it has the most 3rd party accessories for optional.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LLTHB View Post
    Necro post, but some good info.

I spoke to the most senior police officer in the firearms division in one of the biggest provinces.

Very high ranking officer.

Was completely candid with me about the failure of the personnel in the firearm division, slow work, to much work, not enough manpower etc.

I then asked him and was very specific:

Knowing what he knows about the licensing challenges, ha ha, modern word for useless - Would he sell a currently licensed firearm and replace it or would he just relicense the existing firearm at the five year period.

The problem he says is to remove the existing firearm from your name and move it to dealer stock or sell to a new owner. You might get lucky and it takes a few months, but most cases take a few years.

Then your new application may well get rejected just because it is the easiest option for the staff to take, less work for them etc.

He feels best route is hang onto the weapon and just learn to use it better because we are in South Africa. In the USA his advice would be to get a weapon one is comfortable with.

So it is fairly clear to say I have my work cut out for me and a date with a shooting range on a regular basis.

Thanks to all who had input on this post, a lot was learned by me.

Cheers.
    I have to agree with this post. In 2017 I sold my previous 9mm pistol to upgrade to a more modern pistol. The whole process took over a year. During this time I had to use a 6"revolver as my home defense weapon. EDC was not possible.
    If I ever have to go through the process I will do it via the dedicated sports shooter route.

User

I think this is why a lot of people say, first FA be your EDC FA, 2nd FA be a proper backup to your EDC... Then when you do decide to upgrade either, at least you have one proper FA

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7