Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2nd Pistol Choices

I have been giving this some thought and putting feelers out for a 2nd hand pistol with the idea of using it solely for competitions and in case of emergency, as an EDC in case (heaven forbid) you use the SD pistol for self defence and gets sent for ballistics.

My question to all you knowledgeable gentleman is thus: what would your top 3 choices be that can be mainly used as a comp gun but also double as an EDC firearm?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: 2nd Pistol Choices

CZ Shadow would be my choice. (I had the Shadow1)
    I got one purely for competitions and loved it. Trigger super smooth, very accurate and definitely takes your competition shooting to the next level.
    Perhaps not an ideal carry firearm, but as you say, this will only be in a very unlikely event your SD firearm is in for ballistics.
    Just my 5c...

User

Depending on what you currently have, maybe good choice for your purpose might be to get the same as what you currently have.

Else in no particular order:
    - Glock 19
    - CZ P07
    - CZ P10C

User

What competition are you looking at shooting?

Having carried a shadow IWB, I'd prefer never to have to carry a shadow IWB.

The larger version of your EDC gun generally makes some sense. But it depends on what division and competition you want to shoot with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    What competition are you looking at shooting?

Having carried a shadow IWB, I'd prefer never to have to carry a shadow IWB.

The larger version of your EDC gun generally makes some sense. But it depends on what division and competition you want to shoot with it.
    I have a Beretta APX full size for the intended purpose of EDC. If I had to go bigger than my EDC then it would be the M9A3 (which is too expensive) hence why I am looking for something 2nd hand.

I would not say no to a Shadow though, they look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by GlockForce View Post
    CZ Shadow would be my choice. (I had the Shadow1)
    I got one purely for competitions and loved it. Trigger super smooth, very accurate and definitely takes your competition shooting to the next level.
    Perhaps not an ideal carry firearm, but as you say, this will only be in a very unlikely event your SD firearm is in for ballistics.
    Just my 5c...
    Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. The Shadow is definitely on the shortlist then!

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    Depending on what you currently have, maybe good choice for your purpose might be to get the same as what you currently have.

Else in no particular order:
    - Glock 19
    - CZ P07
    - CZ P10C
    For competition shouldn't he rather look at
    Glock 17 Gen 5
    CZ P10 F

Both can probably be carried for EDC if such a situation arose.

User

CZ P10 F EDC just fine for a 6' nearly 9" man and 6' wide

User

Do you currently EDC your APX full-size pistol?

Why not another one? Or a similar striker, polymer, fullsized gun

I think your second pistol should be more defensive than sport oriented if it going to play both roles. Again I own and have carried a shadow it is not pleasant.

And, what sport? If you want to compete in IDPA CCP then these recommendations are not helpful

User

Just another thought... The recommendations is for something in the same size as your current firearm... Not to be "direct" in reading what you are typing... if you are "intended purpose" is for APX to be an EDC FA (sorry I am now assuming I am reading you intend to EDC it, but do not), why then not make your 2nd FA a dedicated EDC FA, and make your APX the competition gun? On the other hand if you do EDC the APX without to much hassles, then yes get the same size/models as others have mentioned above

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast