Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: south African Hunting Bullet Manufactures

In 7mm varying weights I have found these prices - Peregrine VRG 5 in is R11 per bullet, Nosler AB LR is R12, Barnes TSX is R21, Hornday IB R11.50, sierra Gameking R8

User

Last time I bought Sierra Gamekings, they were R12 a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    GS Custom is making a comeback. There's a lot of movement, new owners, etc. Might be worth contacting them to get what's yours after all this time. Koos Barnard did some testing for them very recently.
    I will never buy GS Custom again.

I buy all my monos from Peregrine. Quality is excellent. Price is better than GS Custom was. Service is fantastic. And their BC numbers are not overstated.

Our target shooters especially like to use the expensive imported bullets, and Peregrine provides target bullets with better performance, tighter tolerance, better consistency and a better price.

I'm not a hunter, but their hunting bullets must also be good, or the big bore guys wouldn't use them so much.

I used to think they were expensive, and relatively speaking two years ago they were. Their Rand price has in fact gone down in two years, where all the other prices of imported stuff has gone up, so now they are actually cheaper than the premium imports.

Go look on their online shop, and compare the price to whatever premium bullet you use now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    In 7mm varying weights I have found these prices - Peregrine VRG 5 in is R11 per bullet, Nosler AB LR is R12, Barnes TSX is R21, Hornday IB R11.50, sierra Gameking R8
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    Last time I bought Sierra Gamekings, they were R12 a bullet
    I noticed some imported stuff was up 30 % + from pre covid stock times, I just have not really dealt with it as I am rather well stocked. Dies are also 30% + up in price.

User

[QUOTE=414gates;1406571
    I'm not a hunter, but their hunting bullets must also be good, or the big bore guys wouldn't use them so much.

[/QUOTE]

Their hunting bullets are excellent.

User

In 7mm, I found the 130g GS customs whipped through an animal too easily, and didn't expand as much or do enough terminal damage compared to the Barnes TTSX in 120g.

Those are the only two I have ever used enough to compare.

User

I’ve had the same thought and started to load Peregrines in my 30-06 and 9.3x62. Have managed to develop very accurate loads for both but the first test of terminal performance will be in 3 weeks time. Also experimenting with Kriek’s in my 7x64 - they’re a little more affordable and I’m a cheapskate...

User

I used Krieks in my 243.
    Incredibly accurate, and they put the animals down fast
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    I will never buy GS Custom again.

I buy all my monos from Peregrine. Quality is excellent. Price is better than GS Custom was. Service is fantastic. And their BC numbers are not overstated.

Our target shooters especially like to use the expensive imported bullets, and Peregrine provides target bullets with better performance, tighter tolerance, better consistency and a better price.

I used to think they were expensive, and relatively speaking two years ago they were. Their Rand price has in fact gone down in two years, where all the other prices of imported stuff has gone up, so now they are actually cheaper than the premium imports.

Go look on their online shop, and compare the price to whatever premium bullet you use now.
    One important factor for me in choosing Peregrine is that they are local. So no out of stock and waiting for the importer to get another shipment.

A PH friend of mine swore by Nosler in his 30-06 and they worked well, until he couldn't get stock and had to load develop on another bullet. I didn't feel like giving myself that head ache.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    I used Krieks in my 243.
    Incredibly accurate, and they put the animals down fast
    Yes you have stood behind the Kriek in your .243 for a long time certainly done the test of time.

I so wish everyone would just go "buy local" we will never have a Hornady or Sierra in RSA the way we buy.
    No support = no development, no keeping up with USA = no support = no development, no keeping up with USA = no support = no development, no keeping up with USA = no support

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast