Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default AIWB Tuckable Holster

Hi,

I own a Smith&Wesson Shield 1, for which I want to purchase the most highly recommended AIWB tuckable holster, which will be compatible with the Enigma holstering system. I've set my sights on the PHLster Pro or the Raven Eidolon, however neither of them are available for a Shield. Please suggest an alternative, bearing in mind that I prefer to buy, and cry once. I plan to install an RDS sight, sometime in the future.

User

Default Re: AIWB Tuckable Holster

I just bought a PHLster Pro for my Glock 48, I should have saved the extra cash and gone with a Daniels Holster, I really dont see how the PHLSTER with tuck strut is worth so much more than the Daniels, but then again im not interested in the enigma thingy.... Im pretty sure the Daniels will fit the Enigma though

That may be an option, I will have to ascertain if they offer a model to accommodate an RDS. I read Big T's recommendation of the Eidolon on another thread, and although I've only seen a pic of the Eidolon on the net, I'm impressed. Not that I claim to be authorative, hence the request for guidance. Thanks for your valued recommendation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by .45 View Post
    That may be an option, I will have to ascertain if they offer a model to accommodate an RDS. I read Big T's recommendation of the Eidolon on another thread, and although I've only seen a pic of the Eidolon on the net, I'm impressed. Not that I claim to be authorative, hence the request for guidance. Thanks for your valued recommendation.
    I went with his advice for the PHLster, and in all honesty a Daniels would have been the same amount of good, at a better price.... I WILL Order a Daniels for this gun, its a given

Just chatted to the guys at Daniels who were super helpful. They do not have a holster that accommodates an optic. They suggested to first fit the optic and send a picture of it fitted, in order to have a holster cut to accommodate the optic.
    I'm not sure when I will afford to have the slide milled and optic fitted, which leaves a preference for a holster that is ready to accommodate an optic.
    If all else fails, i will wait till I fit an optic, and purchase a custom cut Daniels holster.

User

Or get the right holster for the gun as it is now, and get it modified later...

When I carry my Shield, it's in a Quantum Carry Covert.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Or get the right holster for the gun as it is now, and get it modified later...
    This is the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

get the holster as is, Daniels make great items and they are worth it, to have the holster cut for the optic is really something you could do yourself after you fit it, or get him to do after you fit it at a small cost.

That certainly does seem to be the best option. Thanks

User

Whilst not directly relevant, as I am carrying a slightly larger 19, I have holsters for it from Quantum, Daniels, CKCS, Phlster and the Eidelon. Yes. There is a dreaded holster box.

I cut both my Quantum (AIWB) and Daniels (AIWB/OWB Light bearing) holsters to accommodate the dot. The CKCS couldn't be cut due to design.

The Eidelon with one PDT loop and one C clip was more comfortable than any of the kydex holsters. I carried with that for about a year and a bit.

The Phlster Pro with 2 PDT loops is way ahead of the Eidelon in comfort for me after about 6 months of wear.

I have a generous tactical ledge, and it still works comfortably.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast