Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default INDIA and The WORLD WARS

More than 1.5 million Indians fought for the British cause in the First World War, and more than 70,000 soldiers and volunteers died for it. Indian leaders thought it would be a trade-off for self-rule, even a future Swaraj. It didn't work out that way...
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

Default Re: INDIA and The WORLD WARS

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post

Indian leaders thought it would be a trade-off for self-rule, even a future Swaraj. It didn't work out that way...
    I have thought about this before this post, because I always found the Indians I know to be so "not fight" peoples. I have often wondered and considered the reasons they were in those fights.
    The answer I always came to is that the rulers saw the almighty power of Europe and hoped to appease and be good little subjects always willing to help out, send soldiers, do what is needed to hold on to their position and stature in life. Self rule was a hope, but not a likely hood, I believe that the rulers behaved like every other ruler ever, in the best interests of their position of privilege and power.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have thought about this before this post because I always found the Indians I know to be so "not fight" peoples.
    I am not sure how to respond to this.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I am not sure how to respond to this.
    then do not -

User

Allow me.... In Treeman sprechen and in HD 3d!
    ****************?????????? __________---------------@@@@@@@@@@@$$$$$$$
    Dem injins haeve dem a longee historee of done facking up dem enomies. Longee empires dem builded like the Mughal Empire (was direct decentdents of the Mongols another none fightee people!)********)))))((((((_______###########

******* by end of biggin War of Worldee 2 Cracker Empire of Britianee owed Injins over 2 billion Pounds Stirling in 1945 monees and ha d made usee of more dan 2.5 million Indians fought in the Second World War, the largest volunteer force in history. Wow biggee numberee*********^^^^^^^######))))((((^^&&&

Have a read:

https://www.amazon.com/Soldiers-Empi...5788473&sr=8-9

https://www.amazon.com/India-At-War-...99753490&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Army-Empire-U...6509404X&psc=1

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Allow me.... In Treeman sprechen and in HD 3d! ****************?????????? __________---------------@@@@@@@@@@@$$$$$$$ Dem injins haeve dem a longee historee of done facking up dem enomies. Longee empires dem builded like the Mughal Empire (was direct decentdents of the Mongols another none fightee people!)********)))))((((((_______###########***** ** by end of biggin War of Worldee 2 Cracker Empire of Britianee owed Injins over 2 billion Pounds Stirling in 1945 monees and ha d made usee of more dan 2.5 million Indians fought in the Second World War, the largest volunteer force in history. Wow biggee numberee*********^^^^^^^######))))((((^^&&& Have a read:https://www.amazon.com/Soldiers-Empi...5788473&sr=8-9https://www.amazon.com/India-At-War-...99753490&psc=1https://www.amazon.com/Army-Empire-U...6509404X&psc=1
    👏 👏

Banned

Capt, I do admit that my Indian perception of not being fighting people is based on my association by friends and business. I enjoy motor sports cars and bikes, so you can guess what nationality is well represented.
    After giving some thought to your post, I must admit, yes history war and the Indian folk are well intertwined and as you mentioned great empires are documented.
    I have how ever only read these accounts with tinted glass's seeing only the results and not the how they were achieved.
    Perceptions, perceptions I wonder if I will ever see the Indian folk as aggressive, fighting people, or am I only looking in my lifetime and my associates, friends. My perceptions are perhaps too localized, , if i see a internal combustion engine and a Indian, I know its fast. If I see two wheels and a indian, I know He is fast .
    Doctors, businessmen and Casanova's like I said perception.

User

Maybe, just maybe, the focus must be on how historically the british just about stepped on every nation they saw fit.
    How their power and influence was gained by robbing the lives of all the people they subjugated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, the focus must be on how historically the british just about stepped on every nation they saw fit.
    How their power and influence was gained by robbing the lives of all the people they subjugated.
    I thought the reason the British are a great nation is because of no BEE, corruption and tenderpreneurs. Also immigration is killing them because how dare people seek a better life from their hard won gains.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Aaah get off your soap box.

The same could be said about the Greeks, the Romans, the Egyptians, the Mongolians, the Huns, The Ottomans etc...

The British is just one of hundreds of super powers who exerted their force on the known world (for some of those empires the known world was a lot smaller than then, but they did the same thing)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast