Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    You referring to drawing from vehicle once buckled up? Yes that is a different discussion and one should be exercise to draw fro that position. I was referring to never "thought of putting the belt elsewhere (behind/on top if FA) or not putting it on at all" due to carrying AIWB
    Seat belt and clothing needs to be considered for your draw.Pulling your shirt out and over the SB is the first step. This is for both AIWB A and strong side carry. Obviously both also change your fight. There is much more to firing/fighting from your vehicle.

User

Default Re: AIWB and seat belt position

My approach is to have the belt over the holster but I tuck my shirt behind the holster to ensure access to the firearm. The seat belt properly working in case of a collision is my first priority.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by MFouche94 View Post
    My approach is to have the belt over the holster but I tuck my shirt behind the holster to ensure access to the firearm. The seat belt properly working in case of a collision is my first priority.

Exactly what I do. Doing this, I can and do have a full grip on my pistol when I stop in traffic. I can cross my weak hand over the top to assist in hiding what I’m doing if necessary. It just looks like I’m sitting with my hands crossed in my lap while I wait to resume driving. Head on a swivel, because you’ve got to see “them” coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Why would you advertise your gun?
    That's like open carry.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    Why would you advertise your gun?
    That's like open carry.
    It depends on the circumstances and this is where your judgment comes into play. At night it's not even going to be visible from outside the vehicle. And in daytime, someone will have to directly look down at your lap to see it. Regardless, it's also a good idea to be able to readily cover it up with the shirt if necessary in order to keep the firearm concealed.

User

Don't know where you guys drive, but on my way to work i see 15 beggars at all the robots... wouldn't have my FA open to the public like that. I try to be very observant when I drive but I don't think I see everything at every robot, stop, etc. Should someone get the jump on me and sees my FA the situation will be very different than if they thought I was unarmed

User

Quote Originally Posted by Matu View Post
    Don't know where you guys drive, but on my way to work i see 15 beggars at all the robots... wouldn't have my FA open to the public like that. I try to be very observant when I drive but I don't think I see everything at every robot, stop, etc. Should someone get the jump on me and sees my FA the situation will be very different than if they thought I was unarmed
    That's a valid point. In such a case keeping it covered makes sense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Matu View Post
    Yup. That's why I referenced it to open carry. Same would happen should you be in a MVA. Someone will more easily see it and then it's you and your dfo.

User

I honestly think AIWB is the most comfortable position to carry while driving. Of course belt and shirt placement while driving is absolutely key, so that the seatbelt doesn't get in the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2