User

Default SafeCitizen :A Security related message important for holders of Green firearm licences

Saw this on Natshoot's FB page:

A Security related message important for holders of Green firearm licences

The SAPS are planning to challenge the 2009 High Court order of Judge Prinsloo that currently protects YOU as a green licence holder. SAPS want to compel hundreds of thousands of people to 'convert' to white licences in a six-month period.

As we have seen with the shambles at CFR and their ability to manage the last 2 amnesties this will be a disaster, potentially leaving many of you in possession of an unlicensed gun at the end of the 6 month grace period.

Safe Citizen intends joining the Court case as a friend of the court. We need YOUR affidavit (we will help you to complete it) to carry forward as examples to the Court of what the actual situation is.

If you would like to take part in this important and urgent process at no cost and no risk, please WhatsApp, Jonathan Deal on 076-838-5150.

Note: I've messaged SafeCitizen for clarity: are they looking for affidavits detailing disasters with people who participated in the amnesty itself, or anyone whose applications etc have been negatively impacted due to SAPS resources being directed toward amnesty bureaucracy?

Will advise when I get feedback.

Default Re: SafeCitizen :A Security related message important for holders of Green firearm licences

They cannot even process renewals in 12 months, nor 521(g) "corrections' and new applications take many many months!

Peter

Default Re: SafeCitizen :A Security related message important for holders of Green firearm licences

I joined Safe Citizen Campaign yesterday and volunteered for some duty. What will it do that existing organisations won't or might not? I don't know, and I'm not in favour of splitting forces. But sometimes one has to, as when some of us started GOSA in 2004. I'm prepared to look at anything that might do some useful good. Safe Citizen Campaign is specifically recruiting people to take some actual action. Is that why I'm the only volunteer so far and why there has been such lack of interest? Is it telling us that the majority will sit on their hands like in the past?