Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Ivermectin - Horror story, really.

This may be one of my longer posts, and weirdest.

Let me try create the setup of this story.

I have a friend who is a pharmacist in his 50 ties, bought an adventure bike and travelled up down Africa when he decided to trust management to run his business (let’s call him K).

My old family doctor was a very religious man who decided to answer the call of God and travelled into Africa to do so. This happened about 30 years ago when he was about 40 years old -Dr S. His practice was opposite side of mall to K’s pharmacy. Dr S and K became friends over the years.

My Friend the pharmacist has been battling the last 5/7 years, water retention, injuries that will not heal. He was diagnosed as diabetic but then after nearly dying found not to be diabetic. He then started batting with balance, sometimes speech and muscular issues. They thought he has some kind of muscular dystrophy, but again they could not verify. The problem was later diagnosed as a brain tumour. He went for scans and they could not find it, it was proposed that a different dye be used and more scans, and more. They knew he had a tumour but could not find it.
    At this stage a month ago he had major issues, muscular, mental and physical failure.
    He went back to work and tried to bury himself in work.
    Problem is he was falling asleep at work and even went to sleep at a traffic intersection while waiting.
    He was dying. They could not say why.

Today I saw K and tried not to stare or comment on his appearance, doubled in weight/size looked like he had scabies and skin cancer. Turned grey since Xmas.
    When he saw me he burst out " Dave Dave Dave come to my office I got a story for you, you with your mind, you gonna freak on this one. Where do I start? Ey Dave this is a mad one, you gonna love it"
    So he spoke and he spoke long.

I will do my best to reiterate.
    The family had an old aunty friend, family who was very difficult and demanding, this old girl decided she wanted Ivermectin and K must get it for her. He got the standard veterinary blue bottle and explained to her the recommended dosage etc.
    I said she was difficult and demanding, turns out that she wanted the Ivermectin, but also wanted to be convinced to take it and then became belligerent because it was for animals.
    Being sickly and tired he in a state of exasperation said look, I will take it. He had a measure and then said that it was so safe that you could take 10 x too much and proceeded to take a another dose of it. I do not know outcome with old lady.

That night as he showered with wife on standby in case he fell or whatever, she got a horrible look on her face and told him he had a maggot on his ear and another on his neck. The obvious question was not voiced, but he thought he was now rotting. Brushed them off and realized he was itching - really itching, itching like never before - drive you mad insane itching.
    Much later that night he was scratching like mad and noticed a build-up under his nails and concluded it was dry skin being scratched off, hence the itching and cleaned under his nails, only to find every scratch produced more. The Ivermectin side effects?
    Upon examining his arms legs and groin he noticed little white heads like pimples everywhere, they grew literally before his eyes. K said that when he tried to squeeze one it disappeared before his eyes and then reappeared a moment later.
    The penny dropped and the horror set in, the worms were from in him and they were coming out his skin. He said it only took a few seconds to piece it together, the Ivermectin, the worms - Ivermectin being created to combat parasites and worms. Ivermectin, the River Blindness wonder drug freely distributed through Africa.

My time spans and sequence of events are as I concluded and understood.

lumps started forming on his body and being the way he is he did a local on one and cut it open, in it he found a cocoon like thing that was filled with a yellow fluid and a tiny little pupa.
    He was also going so itchy mad that he was using a knife to scrape his arms and in so doing remove 1000's of worms all dead or dying.
    In the photo you will see mass's of what looks like custard, its knife scrapings of worms.
    At one or another stage he remembered Dr S who went to Africa and, (the part I never knew) was so horrified by what he saw in darkest Africa that he took up medicine and studies again. He is now a world renounced expert on Tropical parasitical decease.
    What’s Up and photos were exchanged and answers started to emerge, horrific answers.
    There is a fly that bites stings whatever and lays eggs in other living things and the larva then burrows into deep muscle where it can stay for years. This is the part I do not understand, it then multiplies in the host without becoming a fly.
    K and I spoke about this and speculated that the larva - worm multiplies in the host till the host is drained purely by numbers of parasites. When the host body fails the millions of worms then turn over to flies and start the cycle again.
    We only brushed on everything and I am hoping to get names and details later.

Here is the scary part, K went on his big Africa trip 2006, Angola,Gabon etc These things have been in him 15 years. K tells me that he was then made aware of a few other cases also so crazy that it’s hard to believe they true - all bikers.
    Below are photo's, the thick haired photo with white dots is his groin with worm heads sticking out. The worms on his fingers are the worms, he said they 5/6 times longer, but they contract like that when out of his body. The fat round things are the pupa he cut out. (He even tried to hatch the things in a container).
    K said he is 300 % better already, weight is dropping like a knifed tire and movement is pretty much fully recovered. He is now on a (I think he said) 5 x a day for 5 days course because Ivecmecin kills the worm but not the eggs and pupa. He has to stay on treatment till every egg larva pupa hatches and dies. "Dunno Dave, there must be millions"

............................DAVE - I HAVE LOST FRIENDS TO COVID, BUT IT SAVED MY LIFE, WOULD NOT HAVE SURVIVED IF SHE DID NOT WANT IVERMCTIN FOR COVID.

I posted this out of interest for those interested, I do not wish to argue it, perhaps discuss it in interest. This is not a newspaper article or internet story, this is my mate, he stood before me unhealed holes and red skin, a shadow of the motor racing boy I know - a 300 km/hr bring it on guy.
    “Dave, Dave its crazy man, I cannot believe it really happened. Look here, here’s another one, and here - look at my chest, check here and here”

Banned

Default Re: Ivermectin - Horror story, really.

Strange indeed. Glad he is getting better.

User

Madness!

User

Real horror story. Any idea from doctor friend how to diagnose it earlier?

Banned

I was/am very uncertain about posting this, just because of its sheer craziness.
    Thing is I know this guy 30 years, he stood, sat before me, all exited - telling me showing me, look at this picture and this one, look here on my legs. I know Dr S from about 16 years old.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    Real horror story. Any idea from doctor friend how to diagnose it earlier?
    I only spoke to K and I let him talk mainly and asked little, I had a feeling this was some rite for him. I will get together again and do my side of Q and A.

It must be kept in mind that 3 weeks ago he was a man on a steady down hill of failing organs and abilities, said he felt like his body was just failing, just collapsing around him.
    I suspect that the parasite accumulative load that his body could support had been reached.

I am also very curious as to why it was not detected - K went for a million blood tests etc, keep in mind they had a few different "solved the problem" discoveries right up to brain tumor -surely? Surely they must have picked something up? Apparently what ever they picked up lead them down a few wrong paths.

User

I find myself morbidly intrigued...............

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

I am also very curious as to why it was not detected - K went for a million blood tests etc, keep in mind they had a few different "solved the problem" discoveries right up to brain tumor -surely? Surely they must have picked something up? Apparently what ever they picked up lead them down a few wrong paths.
    I have come across several international papers on the % of incorrect missed or misdiagnosis. Scarily high. There is a move to use artificial intelligence to analyze radiological/mri images due to the high incidence of errors. Locally this is getting worse.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Thank you treeman for a very interesting post.
    The generations before us ( the ones that did not know about private hospital beds and medical aid and menus at the health facility) used to great effect Olive leaf, Wormwood, Cloves and Ivy to get rid of parasites in human domestic animals and these killed the parasites at the different stages in the cycle not only the adult stages like the very much advertised modern ones we have today.

We learn new things but the greatest failure is forgetting what we had already known.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast