Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ivermectin - Horror story, really.

If you really want to be amazed go read up on the discovery of Ivermectin.
    If I recall correctly, a guy was doing samples at petroleum refineries looking for enzymes/bacteria that could perhaps be used to rehabilitate petroleum damaged sites. He took a soil sample some place in Japan and while researching it noted that it when cultivated had killing properties to various bacteria and other thingee's. The rest is history.

The crazy part - after 60 odd years of searching, another sample of the thingee's that make Ivermectin has never been found, not even at the site it was originally found.
    Urban legend or not, thats the way I recall the story, no other sample has ever been found anywhere.

Son of a b*tch, that's a crazy story. Glad your friend is getting better.

User

One way to test if you have worms is to take a course of Ivermectin. Can't hurt
    A roaring Lion kills no game

This is unbelievable! Please advise the SAPRA COMMAND who are reluctant to approve the use of Ivermectin Perhaps they are scared that it will open the "can of worms"

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Just wow!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    One way to test if you have worms is to take a course of Ivermectin. Can't hurt
    I have been onto and into Ivecmectin since the day I heard of it a year ago, its how I am, I have a interest and then I go "mal" on subject for a while. I how ever only took my first dose about 3 months ago.

Every time I read more about how wonderful this absolutely wonderful, harmless miracle substance I remember the old investment, purchase adage - if it looks to good, sounds to good to be true, it like is just that, too good to be true.

Prozac - Thalidomide - Cerivastatin etc

I have how ever dosed every animal we have and every animal Cody brings home to rehabilitate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have been onto and into Ivecmectin since the day I heard of it a year ago, its how I am, I have a interest and then I go "mal" on subject for a while. I how ever only took my first dose about 3 months ago.

Every time I read more about how wonderful this absolutely wonderful, harmless miracle substance I remember the old investment, purchase adage - if it looks to good, sounds to good to be true, it like is just that, too good to be true.

Prozac - Thalidomide - Cerivastatin etc

I have how ever dosed every animal we have and every animal Cody brings home to rehabilitate.
    I also took a course of Ivermectin, and have enough to keep my family going if needed
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    This is unbelievable! Please advise the SAPRA COMMAND who are reluctant to approve the use of Ivermectin Perhaps they are scared that it will open the "can of worms"
    Here is another arse about face, or is it a different levels for different folks matter. Over the last year of chatting here and there with Joe soap and the guy from Timbuktu who walked from Russia to cape town etc - My late night chats with tourist and travelers.
    It seems the drug or as I call it substance, is freely used all over the world, but only in less regulated countries. One chap caught in lock down was telling me of how in the villages he lived in, there was a certain person in each village who was the dosage master, she had a spoon and a beeeeg bottle and prestige.
    She dosed the entire hut cluster every so many moons.
    A chap who rode a bicycle told me of traveling salesmen around India area, up that way that among other things sold Ivecmetin as part of their inventory. They traveled along the outer edges of civilization so to say and the people knew them for sources of scarcer things. The folk would then line up for their spoonful of preventative for a small fee.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

My body is itching as I read this. If it was 1 April I would have thought you are pranking.

There are parasites in Africa (probably in other countries as well) that are not known or studied by medical science in the "western" world I think. Many years ago I have been in the Northern parts of Mozambique. After about 3 months I fell ill and developed liver problems. On sonar imaging the first doc replied: "Son, your liver are swollen badly. Take it slow with the drinking habits." Well, I have never been drunk in my life. I don't drink alcohol. Long story short - after visiting various doctors I went to another that calmly listened to my story and stated - You have a parasitic Amoeba in your liver that is found in Mozambique. She treated it and I got better. Liver is still damaged, but I am fine. So I have contacted some of the other docs I have been to and they all agree that there is no such thing. I cannot remember the name or the medication and have never contacted that specific doctor to ask again etc.

Maybe I must do a course of Ivermectin? It might solve my liver problems.

Treeman, with regards to the Ivermectin only treating the adult stages: For cattle and sheep the same goes, but there are oral doses that does control all the life stages or more of the life stages. Maybe you and your friends should read up on it. The Prodose range from Virbac for instance. There are a lot from different manufacturers. Afrivet, Virbac, Ascendis, etc

How has this not been produced for specific use in humans?? From what I understand it is used in animals?
    If it's so effective surely they should repackage for human use.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast