Default Heavy rifle and synthetic stock swivels

As per title, with the season starting and some walking/hiking milage ahead of me, how safe is my heavy Howa slung over my shoulder for quite long periods of time? Will it pull the sling swivels out of the flexi stock? The paranoia seems to grow the tougher the terrain gets.
    Also is anybody using a rifle backpack, weather could be cold and wet so need something rugged.
    I had a look online but it's difficult to judge the construction from the really bad little pictures on most sites.

User

Default Re: Heavy rifle and synthetic stock swivels

Tricky, anything that concerns much such as your situation seems to sap my confidence the more I worry over it. It can also turn a good scope into a lousy one under the right conditions.
    Have no idea if it's a worry or not, if the studs screw straight into the composite material, I would either epoxy them in or drill the stock and epoxy inserts into the stock, the drill the inserts for the studs.
    But that's just a plan off the bat, there may be better ways to do it.

But say the rifle weighed 8 kg's all kitted out, that's 4 kg's load on each stud and the pull force is at an angle, so theoretically not that much load on them.

User

Default Re: Heavy rifle and synthetic stock swivels

https://eberlestock.com/collections/packs

I have a Gunrunner. It use it with a Tikka CTR and a HK G3.