Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: The unwanted bedmate

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    ? Or did he just scroll along after you removed the tent?
    When I removed the tent he was still lying coiled over one of the windows straps we did not bother to set up. Since I wanted my strap back I pulled it gently from underneath him, he did nothing, no sound.
    This is normal since the snake was far from operating temperature, being cold blooded and whatnot. So even when moving at that point his movements were slow. The problem is he did NOT want to leave the camp, every time when shooed away he would just head straight back.

Even when mostly everything was packed we still sat there in camp chatting, so my brother moved him about 30m away so that we don’t find him under our chairs every 10 seconds, an annoying thought which ruins relaxed conversation if you know what I mean :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Treeman that is average size, many grow much bigger, so there must be a discrepancy between what you guys have down there and why your snakes don’t grow to full size.

I am not a herpetologist so I dunno what animals would actively target a puffy in your region.
    I do know there are precious few secretary birds so maybe that have something to do with it on the plains.
    Nothing grows to full size in the Istin Cape. Have you seen the kudu there?

User

The off road cyclists around here come across puffys often. Apparently most are chill. They, however, can attack very fast when they need to. No thanks

User

AR...we hide all the good stuff from the Vaalies.

User

Spare a thought for the extreme trauma suffered by the Puffy when he realised who he had sleeping on him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Treeman that is average size, many grow much bigger, so there must be a discrepancy between what you guys have down there and why your snakes don’t grow to full size.

I am not a herpetologist so I dunno what animals would actively target a puffy in your region.
    I do know there are precious few secretary birds so maybe that have something to do with it on the plains.
    There are precious little uninterrupted open spaces left on the coast, they just can not live long enough to get that size. By nature they often in the open and that does no aid going undetected.
    As a kid 1.2 m was common, now 40 cm is "wow"

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Spare a thought for the extreme trauma suffered by the Puffy when he realised who he had sleeping on him.

He probably has not heard that Treeman is going soft nowadays.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Poor thing, PTSD was so bad, he was disoriented and had to be helped out of camp.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    There are precious little uninterrupted open spaces left on the coast, they just can not live long enough to get that size. By nature they often in the open and that does no aid going undetected.
    As a kid 1.2 m was common, now 40 cm is "wow"
    I find that here too. But not just with the Puffies. Still a small puffy has to come from somewhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drakensberger View Post
    I find that here too. But not just with the Puffies. Still a small puffy has to come from somewhere.
    Same as the fish population, all replenished by young breeders. Very little old stock, animals, like it was with the elephants, only young bulls were left in most areas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast